The Student Room Group

Taking gap year with resit

Hello people , i am currently resitting my As levels , except my Maths(which i had A at the first year) and thinking right now.. I am thinking of taking gap year after A levels have finished to improve mynunderstand on basic mathematical princibles and understand the background for physics and more. Basically even though i am dojg a levels right now and i can understand certain concepts i am still not satisfied and well. This is basically tied to the lack of understanding of how scientificncommunity improved (which they lack to teach us in our schools) and i dont want to go to uni dumbfounded and for money. I am planning to take compiter science or mathematics at uni. My question is
Will taking a gap year and resitting effect my applications + do i have to apply to university indepentendly and let my school know about the gap year , waiting for answers most sincerely. Thank you
Original post by OzyDozy
Hello people , i am currently resitting my As levels , except my Maths(which i had A at the first year) and thinking right now.. I am thinking of taking gap year after A levels have finished to improve mynunderstand on basic mathematical princibles and understand the background for physics and more. Basically even though i am dojg a levels right now and i can understand certain concepts i am still not satisfied and well. This is basically tied to the lack of understanding of how scientificncommunity improved (which they lack to teach us in our schools) and i dont want to go to uni dumbfounded and for money. I am planning to take compiter science or mathematics at uni. My question is
Will taking a gap year and resitting effect my applications + do i have to apply to university indepentendly and let my school know about the gap year , waiting for answers most sincerely. Thank you

Resitting can effect your application, different unis have different policies on it so it's something you'll have to look into really. It's likely you'll apply independently but most school will let you use them as your referee on a gap year.

Quick Reply

Latest