The Student Room Group

AQA C1 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Modernthinker
I got square root of 34 for the radious of the circle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got root 65.....
Reply 161
Original post by Jamesbennett223
I can't remember what question it was, but the question with I lauded finding the lenth of CT was 9 I think because the sqrt of 65 squared is 65 the you square the other lenth which was 4 which gives 16 then you would add the two together to get 81 then you find the sqrt of 81 which give 9.
Sorry if this was very unclear, I can't remember the question very well.

^^^ I got this too
Original post by Sayless
I got 81/4 for the first part, then 45/4 for the second part, I think, something like that, area of triangle is 9.

I got that too!
can anyone remember what was the integral in the shaded area question?
About 2 accuracy marks
Original post by matt_2605
I did the same :frown:, the error carried through to the CT length question as well. How many marks do you think having sqrt(55) as the radius will lose in total?
How many marks in total was question 5 and 7?
Looking at all my mistakes I'll be lucky to get a B, and this is the 'easiest' paper :frown:
For the radius of the circle I got 5 anyone else??!
What was the radius of the circle? I used C and A and worked out the difference in X values so I got 7?
Reply 170
That paper was ezzz
Reply 171
Original post by defibrillator
The coordinates of the first question was -3,4 or 4,-3 when you had to use simultaneous equations to get the X y values. The equations were something like 5x -2y=-4 and 3x-3y=... or something like that I can't remember tho and did anyone else get k=30 on the first question too..?

k=-30
Reply 172
Original post by BlackthornRose
Thank you :smile: I'm only worried because I also made a mistake in finding the area of shaded region (got the area under curve (20.25) but not triangle and then ultimate answer was incorrect), how many marks do you think i lost there?

Nothing much, probably 2 marks at most but think of it this way, if you got 20.25 for the area under the curve that's like 5 more marks banked!
I DO NOT REMEMBER THESE QUESTIONS!!! :eek3::eek4:
Reply 174
Original post by TheGreatPumpkin
I DO NOT REMEMBER THESE QUESTIONS!!! :eek3::eek4:

I hardly got any of these answers so they are going straight over my head...that test shook me haha
Original post by df97
Nothing much, probably 2 marks at most but think of it this way, if you got 20.25 for the area under the curve that's like 5 more marks banked!

Oh.....all this time i thought the other one was 5 marks and i lost 4 or something.....oh that's great haha thank you so much!
Original post by jp_98
k=-30

You put the coordinates into AB to get K?
Original post by GoBoolean
Hello I took the maths c1 paper this afternoon and I remember a few of the questions on the paper and I was thinking that perhaps together we could reconstruct the whole paper that way we could see which questions we got wrong and which questions we got right.
What do you guys think?
Here are the questions I remember:
Question 2.) (3√5)^2+√5
.......................7+3√5.......................
Question 5 or 6 the one where you had to find the distance CT(the distance from the centre of the circle to the point T) and we were told that distance AT was 4.This created a right triangle as the tangent is perpendicular to the radius of the circle.

Question 6 or 7 where you had to sub something like y=x(k+4) and you had to equate it to the equation of the circle which was y=(x-5)^2+(y+3)^2 and you ended up with K^2-24k+80=0 because we were told that the line was a tangent to the curve meaning that they met at a single point.

I got 75+32root5
Original post by voltz
I hardly got any of these answers so they are going straight over my head...that test shook me haha

Yeah, at first I was thinking 'this is easy' but after 5 I lost my momentum so by the end of it I was scribbling those last minute, what I call, 'adrenaline rush answers'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending