Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Undergraduate Accommodation 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by InternationalXX
Hey guys, does anyone know in standard accommodation how many people are per bathroom?

Eight students share kitchen, shower rooms and WCs in Grizedale and Pendle colleges, while 4-6 students share the cluster flats in Furness Perimeter, and between five and 10 in Bowland Main, South and East.

It depends which college you apply for. Grizedale and Pendle have 8 sharing sharing bathrooms while Furness has 4-6 per bathroom.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by madeleinecleo
I did mine this morning!! I ended up choosing the exact same as you! I realised I really did want to get into County Townhouse so that had to be my priority, thus making Townhouse Grizedale my second as I was happy with the Superior Ensuite in County but wasn't a fan of the 6 per kitchen Grizedale Superior Ensuite (I wanted both those colleges with either ensuite or townhouse). Wish I could've put the same college (County) twice tbh! A bit worried that if i don't get into the Townhouse one they're going to stick me in a standard accommodation when I really REALLY don't want to share a bathroom with a bunch of other people (i can just about do the townhouse set up:P) but oh well we won't find out until end of August now! (bit weird for me as I have an unconditional so my offer is already confirmed)

Hey, I've also got an unconditional and I've applied for both the townhouses too, but I put Grizedale first :smile: What are you studying?
Original post by connoraxi
Hi I've got an unconditional for Politics and Economics - is it right that we get our first or second choice accommodation? thanks

Hey I've got an unconditional for politics and religion :smile: We're guaranteed to get our first or second choice accommodation yeah, just checked my email
Original post by hdog131313
Hey I've got an unconditional for politics and religion :smile: We're guaranteed to get our first or second choice accommodation yeah, just checked my email

Aw nice - thanks for letting me know!
Original post by Harriette_17
Hi everyone,
I've firmed choiced Lancaster for Social Work to start in October and so excited!! Just wondered if anyone knew about accommodation? I know you can't apply until June but was unsure on the right college to pick. I want something quite centrally located and close to everything and also quite social but quiet enough to study etc when the time comes to needed peace. Anyone have any ideas or can help me out??:biggrin:

Just out of curiosity, since Social Work is something that I tried to look into but didn't know much about..... what do you do in social work and what does doing it as a course at uni involve? :smile:

Hope you don't mind me asking ! :smile:
Hey, I've also got an unconditional and I've applied for both the townhouses too, but I put Grizedale first :smile: What are you studying?

I'm studying English Lit :tongue: don't judge me on my posts here tho it's text talk! You?
Reply 26
I'm coming to do Ecology! I've gone for Grizedale and Bowland standard, the bar in Grizedale looks great!
Original post by TwoCan
I'm coming to do Ecology! I've gone for Grizedale and Bowland standard, the bar in Grizedale looks great!

Hey! I've applied for Grizedale and Pendle (standard as well). Really hope to get my first choice though.
I'm studying English Lit :tongue: don't judge me on my posts here tho it's text talk! You?

Haha no worries! I'm going for religion and politics :smile: have you considered what to do as a minor?
Haha no worries! I'm going for religion and politics :smile: have you considered what to do as a minor?

I'm not set on anything yet, the Eng Lit course is so flexible in first year I was thinking maybe doing philosophy or creative writing... not sure though. I hear philosophy gets pretty mathsy at University level!
Im living off campus, so the accommodation doesn't bother me. Does anyone know which college is best for anyone living off campus?
Reply 31
I feel so dumb right now, could anyone explain how i apply for accomadation, im loosing my mind over here 😣😣
Original post by Abbey15
I feel so dumb right now, could anyone explain how i apply for accomadation, im loosing my mind over here 😣😣

You should have been sent an email with a link to the accommodation portal. If you haven't maybe they just haven't got round to you yet😛
Reply 33
You should have been sent an email with a link to the accommodation portal. If you haven't maybe they just haven't got round to you yet😛

After half an hour of stressing i finally found it! Thankyou, now i dont know which college to choose :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest