The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Undergraduate Accommodation 2016

Hi everyone,
I've firmed choiced Lancaster for Social Work to start in October and so excited!! Just wondered if anyone knew about accommodation? I know you can't apply until June but was unsure on the right college to pick. I want something quite centrally located and close to everything and also quite social but quiet enough to study etc when the time comes to needed peace. Anyone have any ideas or can help me out??:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harriette_17
Hi everyone,
I've firmed choiced Lancaster for Social Work to start in October and so excited!! Just wondered if anyone knew about accommodation? I know you can't apply until June but was unsure on the right college to pick. I want something quite centrally located and close to everything and also quite social but quiet enough to study etc when the time comes to needed peace. Anyone have any ideas or can help me out??:biggrin:

The iLancaster app has some good info on the accomodations and colleges

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Harriette_17
Hi everyone,

Hi, I've firmed Lancaster for social work as well! I think the most central college accommodation is Bowland but I'm torn between Bowland and Lonsdale as I like the sound of both of them.
I firmed Lanc :smile: completely torn about accommodation, Lonsdale looks so great but i'm really not liking the idea of a 15 minute walk to my classes... also Townhouses look amazing but think i'll end up going for an ensuite, most likely County or Furness. I've visited my boyfriend at his uni a couple of times and he has tons of rooms on corridors and 12 people in his kitchen (but ensuite) and its great because you get to know loads of people. So I'm definitely more interested in kitchens of like 8 rather than Bowland etc. which only have 5.
Hi everyone! Have firmed Lancaster for Natural Sciences and have just this minute applied for accommodation. I chose the townhouses in Grizedale and County, while I selected that I preferred the room type so should be in a town house come September! Wandering if anyone else has applied for their accommodation yet? If so, which did you chose?
Original post by captainlake
Hi everyone! Have firmed Lancaster for Natural Sciences and have just this minute applied for accommodation. I chose the townhouses in Grizedale and County, while I selected that I preferred the room type so should be in a town house come September! Wandering if anyone else has applied for their accommodation yet? If so, which did you chose?

I did mine this morning!! I ended up choosing the exact same as you! I realised I really did want to get into County Townhouse so that had to be my priority, thus making Townhouse Grizedale my second as I was happy with the Superior Ensuite in County but wasn't a fan of the 6 per kitchen Grizedale Superior Ensuite (I wanted both those colleges with either ensuite or townhouse). Wish I could've put the same college (County) twice tbh! A bit worried that if i don't get into the Townhouse one they're going to stick me in a standard accommodation when I really REALLY don't want to share a bathroom with a bunch of other people (i can just about do the townhouse set up:P) but oh well we won't find out until end of August now! (bit weird for me as I have an unconditional so my offer is already confirmed)
Original post by madeleinecleo
I did mine this morning!! I ended up choosing the exact same as you! I realised I really did want to get into County Townhouse so that had to be my priority, thus making Townhouse Grizedale my second as I was happy with the Superior Ensuite in County but wasn't a fan of the 6 per kitchen Grizedale Superior Ensuite (I wanted both those colleges with either ensuite or townhouse). Wish I could've put the same college (County) twice tbh! A bit worried that if i don't get into the Townhouse one they're going to stick me in a standard accommodation when I really REALLY don't want to share a bathroom with a bunch of other people (i can just about do the townhouse set up:P) but oh well we won't find out until end of August now! (bit weird for me as I have an unconditional so my offer is already confirmed)

Hi i think with the unconditional offers we get guaranteed in one of the two accomodations we choose, so i dont think you have to worry about ending up with standard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi!

I'm doing my accommodation now as I want to get it done as quickly as possible (I'm assuming a general first come first served situation applies if too many people apply for the same thing, right?). My problem is, I'm only 80% sure which ones I want to apply for.

So to the people who have done it already, do you have the option to change your preferences after you've chosen them, or is it locked once you submit it?
Reply 8
Anyone slumming it like me in standard? lol, looks like most people here are going ensuite or townhouse
Original post by Llew_Ch97
Hi i think with the unconditional offers we get guaranteed in one of the two accomodations we choose, so i dont think you have to worry about ending up with standard

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh that would be amazing. Hopefully they know that from my application, I didn't specify an unconditional offer in the box on the final page saying things that could alter your accommodation or anything.
ahh that would be amazing. Hopefully they know that from my application, I didn't specify an unconditional offer in the box on the final page saying things that could alter your accommodation or anything.

I think they know from your student ID number or account details probably

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Hey! You've literally done the exact same for me, I've firmed Natural Sciences and applied to the townhouses in Grizedale and County :biggrin:
Original post by wickedisgood
Hi!

I'm doing my accommodation now as I want to get it done as quickly as possible (I'm assuming a general first come first served situation applies if too many people apply for the same thing, right?). My problem is, I'm only 80% sure which ones I want to apply for.

So to the people who have done it already, do you have the option to change your preferences after you've chosen them, or is it locked once you submit it?

Hey, you've probably submitted it by now but yes there is the option to change your decision :biggrin:

That's awesome! Superior Ensuite in County would be my 3rd choice I think, who knows, we might end up in the same place! Good luck with everything :biggrin:

Hi I've got an unconditional for Politics and Economics - is it right that we get our first or second choice accommodation? thanks
Original post by connoraxi
Hi I've got an unconditional for Politics and Economics - is it right that we get our first or second choice accommodation? thanks

I think we do, im sure i read something about it in an email but im not a 100% sure on the matter

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for Superior En Suite in Bowland and Furness, anyone else done the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by captainlake

Hi-
I'm also doing Natural Sciences at Lancaster hopefully. I'm torn between what accommodation to apply for. I really like Grizedale townhouses but I might apply for Superior En Suite for my first year and then go in a townhouse in the years to follow. Hope all goes well for you.
Original post by Llew_Ch97
I applied for Superior En Suite in Bowland and Furness, anyone else done the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for Superior En Suite in Grizedale and Furness :smile:
Hey guys, does anyone know in standard accommodation how many people are per bathroom?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending