The Student Room Group

C1 Maths AS aqa 2016 (unofficial mark scheme new)

Scroll to see replies

For the completing the square when it wanted the answer in rational form, i put "10 1/4" and a lot of people put "41/4" would I still get the full marks?? Anyone know?
Original post by Manliker
For the completing the square when it wanted the answer in rational form, i put "10 1/4" and a lot of people put "41/4" would I still get the full marks?? Anyone know?

I definitely think you would because it's not wrong just written differently. Mark schemes normally have one form and O.E (or equivalent) for the mark x
Really needed 60/70 UMS in this exam... How many marks do you think I would need for this?
Original post by Konanabanana
you had i think -2(x+1)^2+10 = 0
bring 10 to other side and divide by -2 then square root both sides and move 1 to the other side. that gives x=-1 /-root 5

:smile:

Or just use the quadratic formula ;P
Original post by Cryingbcmaths
I definitely think you would because it's not wrong just written differently. Mark schemes normally have one form and O.E (or equivalent) for the mark x

Thank you!!
i got around 63 marks, what grade do you reckon that will be ?

and what was question 7a and 7b,

i got 63 marks (without considering ECF)

Anyone think what grade 63/75 is ?

Thanks !!
Question to whoever can answer:

On the integration question where it asked to find area of shaded region, I integrated the equation for line PQ, but instead of using the x-values for P and Q as my limits, i realised too late that I used the x-values for P and R. Had i used the right values my answer would've been correct, but unfortunately it was not. Do you think i would get any methods marks or have i lost all three there?

I'm just seriously kicking myself for making such a silly error that has probably cost me 3 marks.

Also, for question 8 i substituted -1.5 into the derived equation, HOWEVER, i used the cancelled down version where it was 18+9x-2x^2, so for the second derivative i used 9-4x instead of 27-12x, therefore my answer was 15 instead of 45, which was still more than zero so i showed it was a minimum, but do you think I'd have lost marks there?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by money-for-all
i got around 63 marks, what grade do you reckon that will be ?

and what was question 7a and 7b,

i got 63 marks (without considering ECF)

Anyone think what grade 63/75 is ?

Thanks !!

I reckon it'd be a high B or perhaps a low A depending on grade boundaries.
For q6c), did you have to write the coordinates of the x intersections ? Or just the (0,8)?
Original post by chocolatecocoyum
I know the number of marks for each question. I also know some questions. Let me know what question you want.

Marks:
q1) 6 mark total
q2) 5 mark total
q3) 6 mark total
q4) 10 mark total
q5) 13 mark total
q6) 8 mark total
q7)14 mark total
q8) 12 mark total

For the question where the graph needed to be sketched stating the y intercept and the roots had to be found (I think Q6) What were the questions e.g. part a/b/c/d

Original post by Manliker

I am pretty sure they will have an 'OE' in the mark scheme meaning it can be in any simplified form like your form. You should have nothing to worry about so good luck with core 2 :smile:
Original post by chloelaura27
For q6c), did you have to write the coordinates of the x intersections ? Or just the (0,8)?

Do you remember 6a and 6b? If so what were they?
Anyone know what Q6a and 6b were
Original post by qwertyuiop1998
Do you remember 6a and 6b? If so what were they?

Basically it was the question where you had to draw a graph and a few questions before that you had to find the points of intersection with the x axis in the form root n, but in the sketch graph question it didn't specifically say, show x coordinates? So if you did or did them slightly wrong, will it matter
Original post by chloelaura27
Basically it was the question where you had to draw a graph and a few questions before that you had to find the points of intersection with the x axis in the form root n, but in the sketch graph question it didn't specifically say, show x coordinates? So if you did or did them slightly wrong, will it matter

No i think if you included the x co ordinates in the graph it will be ignored as long as the rest is correct with the correct y intercept

And what was the rest of the question 6c and 6d
Reply 295
Original post by Cryingbcmaths
Really needed 60/70 UMS in this exam... How many marks do you think I would need for this?

70 UMS may be around 53
Should the answer for 6b not be 7b. As I believe in 7b you had to find the coordinate of Q which was -5/4. Which you then had to use in 7d to find the base on the triangle which was 2 - 5/4.
Pretty sure the 7b was find the coordinate of Q, which was -5/4. Which you then had to use in part d, to figure out the base of the triangle
The radius of the circle is 65 but in the equation (X-a)^2+(Y-b)^2=r^2. There for when you write the equation you can put =65 or =(square root 65) ^2
Reply 299
I went through Q6 with my teacher today as he's got the paper now. Q6ai was find where X values crosses the X-axis. I got -1+root 20 and -1-root 20. 6aii was stretch graph. 6bi was show that question. 6bii is find values of k, which I got 4 and 20.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending