The Student Room Group

A -level help. Core 1 aqa 2016

I think I got 67/75 on the core 1 exam. Is it still possible to get an A* at the end of A-level maths. I'm doing AQA. I've heard you need a high A at Core 1 to get a A* and mine isn't as high as I hoped. Thanks and hope you do well in your exams
Reply 1
Original post by Heisenberg 23
I think I got 67/75 on the core 1 exam. Is it still possible to get an A* at the end of A-level maths. I'm doing AQA. I've heard you need a high A at Core 1 to get a A* and mine isn't as high as I hoped. Thanks and hope you do well in your exams

Yes it is (same with 67:smile:) , the A* only comes into the equation when you do C3 & C4 as they're the only modules that count towards the A*. You could theoretically get a B this year and still end up with an A* if your A2 marks are high enough.
Original post by xs4
Yes it is (same with 67:smile:) , the A* only comes into the equation when you do C3 & C4 as they're the only modules that count towards the A*. You could theoretically get a B this year and still end up with an A* if your A2 marks are high enough.

Okay thank you. i was really worrying, but you have put my worries at bay. thanks for the help and hope you do well in Core 2 :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Heisenberg 23
Okay thank you. i was really worrying, but you have put my worries at bay. thanks for the help and hope you do well in Core 2 :smile:

It's quite alright :smile: & thank you i hope yo do well too in C2 and your additional module :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest