The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology Paper 2, 23 May 2016 Opinions. UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

i went in and was like "i'll be fine so long as the 12 marker isn't on OCD" haha haha ha thanks aqa :smile::smile::smile::smile:

also for the cognitive approach question did anyone else only know one limitation (thats all the book we use had)?
I did 😂
Original post by queenskye
I almost put operant but crossed it out! It was definitely social learning theory because it was through watching someone get rewarded and not being rewarded directly making you want to carry out the behaviour yourself right away, if you put social learning theory I'm pretty sure that was the right answer.
Don't get me wrong, operant conditioning may still be awarded though but I can imagine that being the "less likely but still accept" variation in the mark scheme.

I spoke to one of the psychology teachers in my school about this, she said it was classical and operant conditioning as it said 'learning theory ' and not 'social learning theory '
I wrote about the learning theories but I didn't expressly name them. Ie I talked about learning through association and ucs, nc etc:- and same for social learning theory but did not expressly say classical conditizoning or SLT, will that be okay or will I lose 2 marks? :smile:
I think it went really well.

If you want to help work on the questions and mark scheme go to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J8cXh4XRwT_hzR0TgOWjcVUHLkOxdNJGSDE184v3Kyw/edit?usp=sharing
I thought that paper was horrendous in comparison to the first one.. What do you think the grade boundaries will be like?
Original post by Exavior
Did anyone else get CBA for explanations for abnormality? :P

Yes I got CBA
I put that it assumes that we all process information in the same way. And then I made up the second one as I said that the cognitive neuroscience uses lab settings which show greater effects then in real life settings. Don't know if they are both right :wink:
Original post by adelemaexo
I thought that paper was horrendous in comparison to the first one.. What do you think the grade boundaries will be like?

yeah much preferred the first one
Reply 289
But it's said theorieS so I Thought the explanation had to come from two different theories- behaviourist and social learning
Can any one remebwe the abnormality definitiom question and answers?
I think I stumbled on a few silly things in the RM section too. What did people put about the matched pairs design? And how do we randomly allocate?
Original post by Ilovepugs
I spoke to one of the psychology teachers in my school about this, she said it was classical and operant conditioning as it said 'learning theory ' and not 'social learning theory '

i dont understand how it'd be operant though because its him looking at another person's behaviour and copying it not getting the reward himself and continuing the behaviour
Can any1 remember the q for the abnormality definitions and the answers
Original post by katherine21678

pretty sure every 1 got
C
B
A
Original post by katherine21678

I can't really remember but deviation from ideal mental health was the only one that wasn't used. And I got CBA in that order.
regarding the hypothesis was it one tailed or two tailed?
I think I stumbled on a few silly things in the RM section too. What did people put about the matched pairs design? And how do we randomly allocate?

matched pairs - match them on a similar characteristics (in this case their pre-therapy anger scores) and have one do therapy a and the other do therapy b then compare their scores after the eight weeks

for random allocation i just said put names in a random generator and the first 25 go into one therapy and the other in therapy b (or do first in a second in b etc)
Original post by hehexd
regarding the hypothesis was it one tailed or two tailed?

I wrote down a two-tailed hypothesis. I wrote down that there will will be a lower anger score after the therapy sessions compared to anger scores before the sessions. What did you guys write?

I wrote about being able to match them on key variables believed to affect the IV is just more reliable.

I wrote that you can randomly allocate by putting the 50 names on seperate pieces of paper in a hat and just pick out 1 and put in group A, then pick another for group B then another for group A and so on.

Not sure if i'll get all the marks though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending