The Student Room Group

Accounting AQA Unit 2 - 20th May 2016

Started a new thread for Unit 2 AQA Accounting. You guys can post things on here about Unit 2, and revision stuff, or your ideas of what might come up...

Scroll to see replies

I think cash budget and their benifits/ limitations..

Balance sheet is likely..

Types of business an their advantages/limitations..

Ratios are possible..

Do you any of you think, rights issue, bonus issue, retained earnings will come up?
I have a feeling ICT might come up
Original post by Gsingh1238765

Balance sheet is likely..

Again? There was an extract Q for Unit 1
Reply 4
Original post by idfk_alex
Again? There was an extract Q for Unit 1

It was only for the 'current liabilities' question, I think they'll put a full one on there. If they don't then there could be a cash budget. And if they don't do that... It'll probably be a load of ratios or written questions.
Reply 5
Does anyone think that disposal accounts and income statements will come up?
Personally.
I think there will be a question on ICT, as they haven't properly asked one the last few years.
I think there will a budget question, as they have one every couple of years and didn't have one last year.
I think there will be a big income statement, as we only had 8 marks worth of it in the Unit 1 exam. Alternatively, there could be a big balance sheet.
There is always at least a few marks on ratios. Sometimes only 3-5, sometimes 10-15. Make sure you know them.
There is always something to do with changes in equity or an equity section of the balance sheet.

Those are my predictions.
Reply 7
When are you lot doing your unit 2, or are we all doing it on the same day? 20th May for me.
Reply 8
A cash budget would be class if it were to come up, easiest part of the unit for me. Plus they haven't done one in a few years.

Also, made a note of the different questions and topics that have come up from the past 3 unit 2 papers. Might be useful to you and share any thoughts of topics you might come up. Cheers.image1 (1).jpg
Original post by Jay Kara
Does anyone think that disposal accounts and income statements will come up?
I don't think disposals will come up as a T account question but it may be if we get a large income statement / balance sheet to do with additional information to correct. I personally think there will be a question on prepaid income/accrual of income.
Do b/d go on left or right for the disposal account of prov for depreiciation. Also how do you know what side the B/d goes on?
Reply 11
B/d goes on the left for Cost account
B/d goes on the right for prov depreciation
thanks, with ratios do i just need to know the equations, and also what do you think has a better chance of coming up tommorow
What are the ICT questions like?
Can someone please explain to me how you calculate bonus issues and rights issues and basically how you deal with any ordinary shares!😩
This year i think a cash budget question will come up with benefits and limitiations of budgeting (planning, control, co-ordination, communication, monitioring and decision making... De motivating, straight jacketing and takes time to prepare and monitor). Also as someone said it is likely that there will be a full balance sheet or income statement as last year they had the "effect on profit and net current assets" question which is a finacial statemnets question. As most students seem to struggle with bonus issue keep an eye out for that, and they like asking questions on assessing rations (formulas/calculations will only be for a few marks).
Reply 16
I think they will ask a 15 mark question or long answer question on shares or types of businesses, maybe there will be a statement of changes in equity table as it hasnt come for some time and ratios will deffo come

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by viddiii
I think they will ask a 15 mark question or long answer question on shares or types of businesses, maybe there will be a statement of changes in equity table as it hasnt come for some time and ratios will deffo come

Posted from TSR Mobile

can you put examples?, and maybe a link to statemnt of changes in equity table like a question???
i think there will be a full balance sheet or income sheet as there was only an extract in unit 1.

But anyhoos, good luck for tomorrow everyone!!
Reply 19
Original post by dionshan
can you put examples?, and maybe a link to statemnt of changes in equity table like a question???

So questions like 'what should the business issue bonus or rights share' or like in the future of the business evaluate the likely impact of giving a final dividend of (number) and http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-ACCN2-QP-JAN13.PDF question 4d

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending