The Student Room Group

Do colleges help with stupid mistakes?

So I stupidly misread a question in my AS History exam today and answered it with the incorrect monarch (Henry VIII instead of Henry VII) and so that's basically that exam down the drain, this will most likely affect my overall grade in the exam. Prior to this, however I was predicted an A at AS-Level and have plenty of supporting evidence that my teacher said she would provide, can the college do anything about this situation or do I just have to wait and see now?
Original post by Laokb
So I stupidly misread a question in my AS History exam today and answered it with the incorrect monarch (Henry VIII instead of Henry VII) and so that's basically that exam down the drain, this will most likely affect my overall grade in the exam. Prior to this, however I was predicted an A at AS-Level and have plenty of supporting evidence that my teacher said she would provide, can the college do anything about this situation or do I just have to wait and see now?

Nothing they can do. You can only be marked on what you write in the exam not what you wish you had written.
Reply 2
Original post by Laokb

I'm pretty sure the college can't do anything about this mistake as anyone could say that they misread the question even if they didn't. I suggest that you tell your teacher just in case but generally nothing can be done if you misread a question, sorry!
Reply 3
Thanks for your responses, I assumed this was the case but thought it better to check now rather than later.
Original post by LaurynAH
I'm pretty sure the college can't do anything about this mistake as anyone could say that they misread the question even if they didn't. I suggest that you tell your teacher just in case but generally nothing can be done if you misread a question, sorry!

Could be worth mentioning to your teachers now rather than after results so that they understand if your result is significantly below expectation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by gdunne42
Could be worth mentioning to your teachers now rather than after results so that they understand if your result is significantly below expectation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly what I did last night, college has confirmed that they're going to make a reference with my original predicted grade provided my second paper goes better and that they will include a breakdown of my marks gained. Thanks for your responses everyone, I feel much better than I did yesterday now!

Quick Reply

Latest