The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE CHEMISTRY Unit 1 Question Game!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kefalos23
What's a limited company? XD

A drunk rat?
Reply 121
Original post by GeorgeMillerr
Yes correct, it would be a temperature above 100 degrees hence the steam but you don't need to know the exact temperature but a range of 100-400 will suffice,
Now you've answered that hence give me another way of making ethanol

Another way is fermentation which involves the use of sugar in a solution mixed with yeast which produces ethanol. For this method, you need a low temperature. However, the ethanol you get as a product is not very concentrated so you may have to distill it and it also may contain impurities which have to be removed by electrolysis.
Original post by chocomad1999
Explain Wegner's continental drift theory (what he noticed and the actual theory)

Wegener hypothesised that originally the continents had formed a super-continent named Pangaea. He believed the continents eventually drifted apart, although he couldn't explain how. He used evidence of similar fossils being found in South America and the West coast of Africa, however, in 1920, scientists argued that a land bridge had originally connected the two continents. Wegener also used the idea of a 'jigsaw' in that South America and Africa would fit together. Nowadays, the idea of convection currents occuring in the mantle supports this theory.

Give an advantage and disadvantage of reusing poly(ethene) bags.
Original post by chocomad1999
tbh, I'm not sure but I've learned it
:biggrin:

Wow, I'm gullible
Original post by emmanuellauwaifo
omg do we need to no this 😂😂

no no no no no!
Original post by WarByte
Wegener hypothesised that originally the continents had formed a super-continent named Pangaea. He believed the continents eventually drifted apart, although he couldn't explain how. He used evidence of similar fossils being found in South America and the West coast of Africa, however, in 1920, scientists argued that a land bridge had originally connected the two continents. Wegener also used the idea of a 'jigsaw' in that South America and Africa would fit together. Nowadays, the idea of convection currents occuring in the mantle supports this theory.

Saves you 5p everytime u shop at tesco
They rip like anything, need to double bag.
Oh sorry chemistry right! 😂
A drunk rat?

Close enough! It has something to do with snails though lmao
Original post by t10r
Another way is fermentation which involves the use of sugar in a solution mixed with yeast which produces ethanol. For this method, you need a low temperature. However, the ethanol you get as a product is not very concentrated so you may have to distill it and it also may contain impurities which have to be removed by electrolysis.

Nice work! :smile:
Reply 128
Original post by WarByte

Advantage - you don't use as much energy that would otherwise be used in the making of a polymer so you save money.
Disadvantage - idk :/
no no no no no!

If it's about metal fatigue then yeh, it's in the revision guide and in the spec
(If this ain't what ur on about leave me to it!) 😂
no no no no no!

Haha lo, soz I'm just extremely gullible
Close enough! It has something to do with snails though lmao

Damn looks like i'm failing English literature tomorrow
Reply 132
Original post by WarByte

Advantage - Poly(ethene) bags take a long time to degrade therefore reusing them means you will have less that need to be degraded.

Disadvantage - not a clue, do they stretch over time therefore weaken?
What type of graph is best for continuous data?

(I feel like they're gonna throw in lots of "how science works" and ISA questions in
Original post by 4dam
Advantage - Poly(ethene) bags take a long time to degrade therefore reusing them means you will have less that need to be degraded.

Disadvantage - not a clue, do they stretch over time therefore weaken?

Possibly loss of jobs? / profit, don't think there are ? Hmmm
Original post by JakeMcLellan
If it's about metal fatigue then yeh, it's in the revision guide and in the spec
(If this ain't what ur on about leave me to it!) 😂

No doesn't say anywhere in the specification about stress of metals I even checked using a the find tool on chrome and 0 results showed for, stress or metal fatigue
mistake me if i'm wrong or direct me to the page number in the specification
No doesn't say anywhere in the specification about stress of metals I even checked using a the find tool on chrome and 0 results showed for, stress or metal fatigue
mistake me if i'm wrong or direct me to the page number in the specification

Bottom of page 23 of the CGP revision guide (red one)
What is bromine water used for?
What is bromine water used for?

Discolours when there are double bonds so can identify unsat fats and oils
Reply 139
ferementation of sugar USING YEAST
hydration of ethene
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest