The Student Room Group

West and Russia on course for war, says ex-Nato deputy commander

Scroll to see replies

Original post by barnetlad
I do not expect a direct war, but a proxy one is a possibility. A regime supported by Putin against one supported by the US and other NATO countries.

Understandably I hope this does not happen.

I think proxy wars are already occurring (Ukraine/Syria). It's going to take something quite big for direct war to occur though. I have a strange feeling that years down the line Turkey will probably be in direct conflict with Russia, and by extension NATO.
Reply 21
Original post by JamesN88
Putin isn't stupid enough to attack a NATO country, Russia might have initial successes but couldn't win in the long run.

He's got away with his actions in the Ukraine precisely because they aren't members of the above.

Russia and Putin are not the one who would wish a war. As this fearmorgering statement shows that the NATO is the one who is treatening with war.
Original post by slaven
Russia and Putin are not the one who would wish a war. As this fearmorgering statement shows that the NATO is the one who is treatening with war.

Neither side wants or really expects a war. It's just posturing and sabre rattling, although the Russians are behaving much more confrontationally as of late in the Baltic and the North Sea.

In reality large parts of Europe rely on their gas and Russia relies on their money so anything serious happening is unlikely at best.
Reply 23
Nato is an antiquatated group of children at the beck and call of a state thats existance as we know it owes itself to military conflict, we all know how powerful the MIC is, we all know how much the yanks hate Russia especially their Democratic presumptive nominee and most generals there.
I make no secret i happily support The Russian Federation in this cold war-esque show down. the west slams them with sanctionds, accusses them of every crime under the moon and militerises their front door step, not to mention aims its GBA missiles directly at them.
Sod NATO it has no purpose and will bring not but pain.
Original post by Napp
Nato is an antiquatated group of children at the beck and call of a state thats existance as we know it owes itself to military conflict, we all know how powerful the MIC is, we all know how much the yanks hate Russia especially their Democratic presumptive nominee and most generals there.
I make no secret i happily support The Russian Federation in this cold war-esque show down. the west slams them with sanctionds, accusses them of every crime under the moon and militerises their front door step, not to mention aims its GBA missiles directly at them.
Sod NATO it has no purpose and will bring not but pain.

You've been a member of this site for a couple of hours. How much is the FSB paying you old chap?
:dontknow:
Reply 26
Original post by Tempest II
You've been a member of this site for a couple of hours. How much is the FSB paying you old chap?

I've been around for several years i just got bored of my old account..
However my comrades over at the KGB [yes we were fooling you with this new FSB nonsense] with me to inform you, many many tens of roubles...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending