The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Do Russel group Unis care if students retake year 12

I really want to study economics at uni but i feel like my AS grades are going to be very poor my exams all have gone horribly bad and im thinking of retaking to get AAAA for AS and A*A*A* im going to work during the summer to make this happen.So are retake students at a disadvantage and do university care
Reply 1
Original post by Laura887
I really want to study economics at uni but i feel like my AS grades are going to be very poor my exams all have gone horribly bad and im thinking of retaking to get AAAA for AS and A*A*A* im going to work during the summer to make this happen.So are retake students at a disadvantage and do university care

Warwick in particular don't care, I am studying Chemistry there starting next month and I retook a year.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by ozziew
Warwick in particular don't care, I am studying Chemistry there starting next month and I retook a year.

yes but economics is very competitive and i have heard chemistry is less competitive so i will be at a disadvantage
Which Uni's are you considering applying too?
Reply 4
yes but economics is very competitive and i have heard chemistry is less competitive so i will be at a disadvantage

I took my A-levels last year, and didn't do very well; I am retaking them this year; will you consider me?
We will still consider an application from you, although any offer made might be higher than our "normal'' offer.

Source: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/dcs/admissions/undergraduate/faq/

Engineering has something similar, honestly its worth using one of 5 choices on so I don't even know why this is a question?
Reply 5
Original post by Ze Witcher
Which Uni's are you considering applying too?

ucl, i wanted to try lse but probably not queen marys, brunel university, city london university basically good decent universities in london for economics
ucl, i wanted to try lse but probably not queen marys, brunel university, city london university basically good decent universities in london for economics

I don't think LSE looks too kindly to resits whereas other Unis don't mind it. I'm also considering applying to Econ courses in London but I feel as though other unis across the country could offer a better deal. For instance, Nottingham has the exact same requirements as Queen Mary for entry requirements yet Nottingham breezes through Queens in terms of the rankings, so I'm still not sure yet.

I honestly think resits won't affect you but I think you should focus on 3 A2's rather than what you proposed to give yourself a higher chance of getting the needed grades. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending