The Student Room Group

Biology Graduate Looking to get into ACA

Hello, just wanted some insight into the ACA qualification and training contracts

I graduated in September 2015 with a 1st in Biology (hons). Over the course, i realised i didn't really like science enough for a career in it and have been looking at accounting. Specifically the ACA, because from what i can see it opens up a lot of doors pay/career wise. I currently work in a sales jobs, which im really good at i.e one of the top sellers(good experience for applications etc). I am interested in start up companies and technology. Basically my questions are:

Will i be able to get into an ACA graduate schemes with my degree and experience? (i lack any finance experience)
Is the ACA a good way to get into start ups once you qualify?
You should be fine with a degree in Biology. Although it does help to have experience in Finance, you don't need it to be able to get a training contract. I'm currently doing the ACA, and there are plenty of people here with unrelated degrees and no prior work experience in accounting.

With regards to working in start ups, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get into a start up, although I'm not sure if the ACA would give you an advantage over any other accounting qualifications as I don't know much about working for start ups.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending