The Student Room Group

Egyptair plane with 66 passengers disappears from radar

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drewski
It also suits Egyptian authorities for it to have been terrorist action rather than as a result of poor maintenance.

I know (my opinion is poor maintenance but that is just my opinion)

But just wanted to update the story with the latest report
Reply 281
Original post by Drewski
It also suits Egyptian authorities for it to have been terrorist action rather than as a result of poor maintenance.

Supposedly they've been handling evidence without any protective gear, who knows how contaminated the stuff their basing conclusions on is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joecphillips

I wonder how long they tried to prove it was a false positive before publishing the news given the last thing they want to do is say it was a bomb later to find it wasn't.

I also wonder what the odds are that the "religion of peace" has something to do with it should it have been terrorism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joecphillips

Hmm. The French investigators have been denied access to the evidence of these supposed explosives and suspect that the Egyptians are covering up a sorry tale of poor maintenance.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-egyptair-crash-investigation-idUSKBN1441PW

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/world/new-cairo-claim-that-egyptair-flight-was-bombed-prompts-row-with-paris-zgwqkcz6f (paywall)

This latter says:

Traces of explosives have been found on the remains of those who died in an EgyptAir passenger jet that crashed into the Mediterranean in May, Egypt said yesterday, prompting accusations from French investigators that Cairo was seeking to cover up maintenance failures by its national airline

One investigator from the French judicial inquiry told Le Figaro last night that the new claim changed nothing. “It’s a smokescreen,” he said. The BEA implied doubt, saying that Egypt had yet to provide “detailed information on the conditions in which the samples and measures were taken that led to the detection of explosive traces”.

Families of the passengers voiced anger about the Egyptian inquiry and the refusal to return remains. Stéphane Gicquel, head of the National Federation for Victims of Attacks and Accidents, said: “This is blackmail by the Egyptian authorities to support the terrorist thesis and protect EgyptAir.”

The elephant in the room, as far as the Egyptian theory is concerned, is the lack of a claim by any terrorist group to have carried out an attack.
Not the first time Egypt tried to cover up an air crash. Don't forget about that flight That was deliberately crashed off the east coast of America in 1999

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending