The Student Room Group

Egyptair plane with 66 passengers disappears from radar

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Opinion
Considering what we already know and the current world climate, to suggest that something other than terrorism is the most likely cause is plain stupidity from the professionally naïve.

Okay love,throw your little strop
Original post by The_Opinion
Considering what we already know and the current world climate, to suggest that something other than terrorism is the most likely cause is plain stupidity from the professionally naïve.

To automatically assume terrorism reactionary given recent plane disasters, the majority of which have been caused by mechanical fault, pilot error or pilot mental illness.

To call me professionally naive is simple ridiculous.
Original post by queen-bee
Denying that all Muslims are potential terrorists/terrorists?

Denying it has anything to do with Moslems and Islam yes (once again I see no one saying it is all moslems other than those who are 'concerned' about people saying it is all moslems (despite as I say this not actually happening)

we will have the usual trope of 'not true Moslems' 'Islam means peace' 'can't kill an innocent' and all the usual replies when even another Moslem does their thing and slaughters a 50 odd people

then it will be concern about the non existent back lash followed by it was the Jews and the CIA

and round it goes and still the dead bodies pile up.............
Original post by DiddyDec
To automatically assume terrorism reactionary given recent plane disasters, the majority of which have been caused by mechanical fault, pilot error or pilot mental illness.

You are professionally naïve. You did not comment that it ay not have been terrorism, you inferred the opposite, that it is more than likely not a terrorist attack, which is naïve. Then again, is must be hard defending terrorists 24/7, so I do pity you somewhat.

Sorry Diddy but you need to read the current reports

Even the investigators are saying it is HIGHLY probable this was a terrorist attack rather than mechanical failure

(but all judgement should be reserved till it is know what cased this)
Original post by BaconandSauce
Denying it has anything to do with Moslems and Islam yes (once again I see no one saying it is all moslems other than those who are 'concerned' about people saying it is all moslems (despite as I say this not actually happening)

we will have the usual trope of 'not true Moslems' 'Islam means peace' 'can't kill an innocent' and all the usual replies when even another Moslem does their thing and slaughters a 50 odd people

then it will be concern about the non existent back lash followed by it was the Jews and the CIA

and round it goes and still the dead bodies pile up.............

People like her have no interest about how many die, as long as it does not effect them they do not care.
This thread is a cesspit for all the garbage users of TSR. Can't believe I actually on here actually expecting to read about the details of the crash (how foolish of me).
Ok lets not bicker and argue about who killed who. This thread is sposed be about the incident itself and the latest news regarding it.
Original post by SMEGGGY
Flying is still safe it'll be said (I'm sure it is)

Posted from TSR Mobile

You couldn't convince me to step on a flight to a Second/third world country. :P
The best thing to do in times like these is just wait for an official report instead of making speculation. There are a number of reasons that could have caused what has happened; human error, mechanical failure, an act of terror... But until we know officially what's happened the right thing to do is to support all the families and individuals affected by this incident.
Tragic news.

My first thought was "terrorism". Whether it was an external or internal attack, we shall have to wait and see.
Original post by examiningboard
The best thing to do in times like these is just wait for an official report instead of making speculation. There are a number of reasons that could have caused what has happened; human error, mechanical failure, an act of terror... But until we know officially what's happened the right thing to do is to support all the families and individuals affected by this incident.

It's only human to speculate. Of course we share empathy with the families.
Sorry Diddy but you need to read the current reports

Even the investigators are saying it is HIGHLY probable this was a terrorist attack rather than mechanical failure

(but all judgement should be reserved till it is know what cased this)

It is all speculation, we have very little evidence of anything.

I do agree

However the people 'speculating' that this was a terrorist attack are experts in the field of crash investigations
Debris found according to Reuters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-africa-36328976
Reply 55

I do agree

However the people 'speculating' that this was a terrorist attack are experts in the field of crash investigations

Probably just crashed, my money is on mechanical failure leading to pilot error or the other way around.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Enough evidence for you (DiddyDec) to suggest earlier in this thread that it probably wasn't a terrorist attack.
'Let's not try to jump to the side that is trying to identify this as a technical failure - on the contrary. The situation may point - and I say 'may' because I don't want to speculate and I don't want to go to assumptions like others - but if you analyse the situation properly, the possibility of having a different action, or having a terror attack, is higher than the possibility of having a technical [fault]."Sherif FathyEgypt's civil aviation minister
I'd say the likelihood of terrorism is high; it is quite rare for aircraft to simply fall out of the sky, particularly a very recently built Airbus. The situation reminds me of Metrojet Flight 9268

If the debris is spread over a large area, that would suggest it exploded in flight which lessens the likelihood of mechanical failure. Also, given the flight crew had no opportunity to broadcast a mayday signal, we can infer whatever happened to the plane happened very quickly and was catastrophic such that they didn't have time even to broadcast a very short distress signal
The BBC among others, reports two sharp turns before a sharp descent of 25,000 feet, which could indicate a hijacking, followed by detonation of a suicide bomb, or possibly bullets through the outer skin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending