The Student Room Group

WRONG question number....

I just thought that i may wrote the wrong question number down. .

During my exam i chose Q5 and Q7, but Q6 was a relatively thinner question, compare to Q5 and Q7 ( cuz Q5&7 have two sections with 12 marks and 13 marks, but Q6 only has one section with 25 marks).

So maybe due to all the stress or something, i just ignore Q6 and thought Q7 was the next question of Q5....

As a result, i wrote 6(a) and 6(b) in the margin of answer booklet for my answer of 7(a) and 7(b).

i thought my answer was obiously tallking about Q7 and there was even no 6(b) answer (because Q6 only has one section)

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?
I did the same thing yesterday!!!!!!!!

I emailed my teacher and the exam board but I have researched it and apparently a lot of people do it! The examiner can get a note telling them the mistake you have made but most will see straight away you've put the wrong number. Worst case scenario is that you send your paper to be re-marked

Don't stress :smile:
Reply 2
It really depends on the examiner, if he's nice, he'll just mark it for you, but if he's a d*ck, it's totally within his right to give your Q7 (where you wrote 6a) +b)) a 0.
Hope for you that the examiner is nice!
Good luck with your next exams
Reply 3
Original post by Americandream
I did the same thing yesterday!!!!!!!!

I emailed my teacher and the exam board but I have researched it and apparently a lot of people do it! The examiner can get a note telling them the mistake you have made but most will see straight away you've put the wrong number. Worst case scenario is that you send your paper to be re-marked

Don't stress :smile:

Did the exam board reply anything?
I got an email saying they were looking into it, I spoke to my teachers today and they said it wants an issue

Quick Reply

Latest