The Student Room Group

Igcse cie chemistry 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abdullah IGCSE
laveeza did you take paper 22 ? i only had difficulty there come on admit it was hard compared to other mcq papers...

No i think it was the easiest paper of all time. im probably only losing 2 marks so thats 38/40
Original post by Zym
what was the empirical formula for polypropene? and why is the alloy used rather then the metal ?

Was it Ch2 and it was harder stronger and has lower temperatures?
Reply 42
laveeza did you take paper 22 ? i only had difficulty there come on admit it was hard compared to other mcq papers...

ooo!! yesssss i did that it was tricky not hard .........whatsoever i did that in a good way ...i GUESS???!!!!!
I wrote harder and more resistant to corrosion
Original post by Siddhantss
Was it Ch2 and it was harder stronger and has lower temperatures?
I wrote harder and more resistant to corrosion
Reply 45

yesss
stronger and lighter is correct for sure because it has properties similar to aluminium
Original post by chemistry igcse
stronger and lighter is correct for sure because it has properties similar to aluminium

i can tell from your name you love chemistry :wink:
thats wrong lol..

Abdullah Q was mercury. Mercury iodide is red and its density is 13.56
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by LuvDaStudiezz
Abdullah Q was mercury. Mercury iodide is red and its density is 13.56

im talking about the mcq i didnt take the practical.
im talking about the mcq i didnt take the practical.

I'm talking about the MCQ too. The one in which we were given 4 elements and we had to identify the transition elements. The right answer was option B, both Q and S
I'm talking about the MCQ too. The one in which we were given 4 elements and we had to identify the transition elements. The right answer was option B, both Q and S

i did S are you sure its right :s-smilie: the mcq was quite hard i think why wasnt it s alone didnt it have to have a high m.p and b.p?
i did S are you sure its right :s-smilie: the mcq was quite hard i think why wasnt it s alone didnt it have to have a high m.p and b.p?

but u no da mercury in thermometers is liquid
Reply 53
In order

Oxidising Agents
Reducing Agents
Iron Ions
Chlorine ions

Hi!
Can you explain why the last question is chlorine ions?

Thanks!!
Reply 54
No i think it was the easiest paper of all time. im probably only losing 2 marks so thats 38/40

dude im not probably missing even 1 .......... was un sure about that transition metal question but ive got that right so its probabaly all correct !!!! ask me ill be telling you what answers i wrote !?!!?!?!
Original post by laveeza
dude im not probably missing even 1 .......... was un sure about that transition metal question but ive got that right so its probabaly all correct !!!! ask me ill be telling you what answers i wrote !?!!?!?!

laveeza the over confidence is the only thing that kills a person in an exam dont underestimate or overestimate you never know the grade boundaries...
Original post by laveeza

what was the polymer answer? question 39 i guess
Reply 57
laveeza the over confidence is the only thing that kills a person in an exam dont underestimate or overestimate you never know the grade boundaries...

yeah youre right man ..................but still i can prar and hope for the best !!!!!:h:
Reply 58
what was the polymer answer? question 39 i guess

addition polymerization .............i am not sure as i cannot remember but i think it was something like alkene polymerisation hence the it was homopolymer!?!? i guess it was A
Original post by laveeza
addition polymerization .............i am not sure as i cannot remember but i think it was something like alkene polymerisation hence the it was homopolymer!?!? i guess it was A

Its either C or A im not sure

Quick Reply