The Student Room Group

Why are my t-shirts twisting?

Weird thing. Most of my t-shirts have started twisting so the seams down the site twist around, with the left hand side coming around to the front, and the right twisting round to the back.

Does that happen to anyone else?

I can only think that my body is distorted in some way. I know my right should is slightly smaller than my left shoulder.
are they kinda tight ?
Reply 2
As mentioned above, maybe they're the shape hugging ones? Because these twisting things tend to happen to most people when it comes to tight jeans and all that.
Reply 3
Overloading the washing machine
Original post by jawsontheflooor
are they kinda tight ?

Original post by cuppa
As mentioned above, maybe they're the shape hugging ones? Because these twisting things tend to happen to most people when it comes to tight jeans and all that.

Yeah, they're not skin hugging but they are quite tight.

Original post by Juno
Overloading the washing machine

That is definitely likely...
Are they cheap? It could just be that they weren't pre-shrunk fabric or the cotton used for the seams wasn't pre-shrunk and so they've started twisting as the cotton has shrunk.

Do you tumble dry or are they dried on a line (or even better on a hanger)?
Reply 6
Original post by Captain Jack
That is definitely likely...

If it's all the same kind of twisting it might not be, unless you are very specific about how you load the washing machine and have them all facing the same way. But if it's just a general twisting of clothes it is a definite possibility.
Original post by PQ
Are they cheap?

Original post by PQ
It could just be that they weren't pre-shrunk fabric or the cotton used for the seams wasn't pre-shrunk and so they've started twisting as the cotton has shrunk.

Do you tumble dry or are they dried on a line (or even better on a hanger)?

Mainly line dry but there has been some tumblage.

However, I actually think you're right. They were pretty cheap :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest