I reckon the boundaries will be pretty high, that paper seemed quite easy to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 322
Original post by Zeeyo
it was pressure not catalyst

I'm pretty sure it's not pressure
Reply 323
Original post by romansholiday
I did this too, like I wrote Fe with a little 2 on the end and balanced from there, wtf :frown:

http://www.webqc.org/balance.php?reaction=Fe2O3+%2B+C+%3D+Fe2+%2B+CO2 This website says that the balanced equation is 2 Fe2O3 + 3 C = 2 Fe2 + 3 CO2
Original post by Cakes717
At the lowest I've got 52/60. What grade do you think that is?

A*. Definite.
Does any one have any suggestions for the grade boundaries ? :smile:
Original post by LiamCollins
For the advantage of ethene and steam can I say that it produces pure ethene so less is needed to be produced?

No, ethene is hydrated with steam to produce ethanol. However this is impure and needs to be distilled to remove the impurities
Anyone think it was hard?
Would mentioning that you can make margarine and having a longer shelf life be two marks for the last question?
Original post by srmed
Was the two conditions for cracking: high temperature and hot catalyst

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by FitzpatrickR
Yh thats right

For the two conditions I think I may have over explained???? I stated the two methods that can be used. This is mentioned in the AQA Revision guide aswell.

This was my answer:

1 - Passing hot hydrocarbon vapours over a hot catalyst
2 - Reacting hydrocarbon vapours with steam at a high temperature (approx 800C)

Would I get the marks???
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Question 1

( +1), electrons( -1), neutron is uncharged( 3 marks)- not sure if it was in the nucleus or just the atom overall

It was just the nucleus, because it said about part 'Z', and that's all it wanted, not the whole atom. The way you have written the answer doesn't make it very clear though, it should be something like this

Protons (+1)
Neutrons (0)
Original post by TheDragonGuy
It was just the nucleus, because it said about part 'Z', and that's all it wanted, not the whole atom. The way you have written the answer doesn't make it very clear though, it should be something like this

Protons (+1)
Neutrons (0)

I said protons have +1 charge and neutrons are netural and thus have zero charge. I then stated the relative masses (proton and neutron both have relative mass of 1). I also included about the electrons e.g. -1 charge, but I clearly mentioned that the electrons are not in Z (the nucleus) labelled in Figure 1.
Original post by TheKillingTorch
A*. Definite.

Woo🤗
What are we thinking 33/34? Grade wise
Reply 334
Original post by Mlb37
I reckon the boundaries will be pretty high, that paper seemed quite easy to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes probably 55/60 for an A*
Reply 335
Original post by Nathan Emmings
What are we thinking 33/34? Grade wise

B

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 336
Original post by guy321
For the two conditions I think I may have over explained???? I stated the two methods that can be used. This is mentioned in the AQA Revision guide aswell.

This was my answer:

1 - Passing hot hydrocarbon vapours over a hot catalyst
2 - Reacting hydrocarbon vapours with steam at a high temperature (approx 800C)

Would I get the marks???

Of course! !!!

I said
-catalyst
-high temperature or something vapours I think.

I think I'll get 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone know the black substance???
2 questions
what would 49/50 be
is saying that margarine can be made and it has a longer shelf life correct for the last 5 marker (I explained hydrogenation correctly)
I thought for the first question you would write the number of protons and neutrons in the atom of boron as well???- that's what I did anywhoo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending