The Student Room Group

Edexcel a level maths c1

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
A future notice to everyone who will want to post a negative comment on this thread, DON'T READ THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE GONNA BE NEGATIVE. If you found it easy or any other reason JUST DON'T POST ANYTHING. Ignore this and move on.
Reply 21
Original post by MBenjamin
I swear I just answered your question, how isn't that helpful?

Oh yh thank you for that. :smile: But just don't reply on this thread if you r just gonna say how "stupid" this petition is or how some people tried hard. I know a lot of people who worked day and night to revise for this exam and were bummed because of it. So I am really, kindly asking to be either considerate or quiet.
Reply 22
Hi

I am a mature student (with a Business degree) and I did this paper yesterday. This is the only paper that I am doing this year as I have two children at senior school to look after. I worked really really hard and was more than prepared for the exam. I honestly found the exam difficult and I ran out of time. The first 5 or 6 questions were fine but then they threw things in that were not on any past papers or in the book. I don't mind a "think out of the box" question at all, but if they want to do that they should give people more time to actually sit and think for a minute or two. In all my past paper work, I finished the exam with maybe a minute to go and that was literally banging out one question after another with no time really to ponder over a question that was "out of the box".

I also agree that post 2012 the papers have become much harder. I started from 2005 and worked my way up and there definitely (in my opinion) was a turning point around 2012. I don't mind them being harder at all! I worked my way through them at home, but under time pressure in an exam room there is no time to do so.

Anyway, my aim was an A and now if I get scrape a B I will be over the moon but not even sure of that. I am not put off though and aim to do C2 and S1 next year. Good luck to everyone with more exams in the next few weeks.
if the two lines don't intersect, i.e there are no solutions to it when they are made equal to each other
then b^2-4ac <0
so make the 2 equations equal each other, then find the discriminant (b^2-4ac) then put <0
after expanding and simplifying you should get p^2-20p+9
let me know how you get on

Quick Reply

Latest