The Student Room Group

Not getting grades for uni, Foundation Degree?

Hey Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have received a conditional offer from a university and have accepted and made it my firm choice to study Criminology. The offer was for an ABD*(Distinction Star BTEC). But after speaking to my teachers they say that I will only be able to get a BCD* or BBD*.
Would it be possible for me to do a foundation degree course in Criminology at the same university?

Original post by Michael357sa
Hey Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have received a conditional offer from a university and have accepted and made it my firm choice to study Criminology. The offer was for an ABD*(Distinction Star BTEC). But after speaking to my teachers they say that I will only be able to get a BCD* or BBD*.
Would it be possible for me to do a foundation degree course in Criminology at the same university?

why don't you ring them and find out yourself, sometimes discussing and asking can help they might just give you an offer.........
Original post by Michael357sa
Hey Everyone,

A lot of people are accepted onto courses with grades slightly below their offer conditions.

If you're worried that you may not hit the grades in August (you'll know your BTEC before then) then call up the university just before results and explain that if they can't accept you onto the degree course you would like them to consider you for the FD before they reject you.

Most universities will do this automatically even if you don't ask but it wont hurt your chances to make it clear that you're keen to attend that university.
Reply 3
you dont want a Foundation Degree as that is a different qualification, a Foundation year is what I think you mean, which is just an extra year for people with slightly lower grades or qualifications not suitable for direct entry to prepare them for the course

If the uni that you have applied to offers one of these then it will be listed on their course list on the website

also that would cost you an extra £9k + living costs, if they chose not to accept you then you'd be better off going through clearing to find a different uni that would take you for first year entry as D*BC are not bad grades at all

what uni is it that you've applied to btw?
Reply 4
Original post by yt7777
you dont want a Foundation Degree as that is a different qualification, a Foundation year is what I think you mean, which is just an extra year for people with slightly lower grades or qualifications not suitable for direct entry to prepare them for the course

If the uni that you have applied to offers one of these then it will be listed on their course list on the website

also that would cost you an extra £9k + living costs, if they chose not to accept you then you'd be better off going through clearing to find a different uni that would take you for first year entry as D*BC are not bad grades at all

what uni is it that you've applied to btw?

I've applied to Durham University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending