The Student Room Group

Edexcel Chemistry Unit 1 Higher, thoughts?

I felt like the Chemistry test was a lot harder than the Biology test we did earlier but I feel like my revision paid off. I feel like the best revision tactic is to look at the 2015 paper and see what didn't come up then, to find out what will come up now.

How did everyone do? I felt that the metal properties question was little tricky, I didn't know much on steel so had to resort to common sense.
Reply 1
the metal properties question?
Which was that again?
i thought it was quite easy tbh!!!!
I felt it was a nice paper, I thought it was good but i wrote the symbol equation for water instead of the word (swear it was symbol) and the last 6 marker was terrible i didnt know how to do that procedure but luckily i talked about the cracking so i think i lost a 5 or 4 marks on that.

Does anyone know if it was a symbol or word equation?
Reply 4
Original post by chrlhyms
I felt it was a nice paper, I thought it was good but i wrote the symbol equation for water instead of the word (swear it was symbol) and the last 6 marker was terrible i didnt know how to do that procedure but luckily i talked about the cracking so i think i lost a 5 or 4 marks on that.

Does anyone know if it was a symbol or word equation?

The question about water was looking for the word equation, not symbol. I made the same mistake but corrected it last minute.
Reply 5
Original post by RivenLPL
the metal properties question?
Which was that again?

It was about steel, copper and aluminium - you had to talk about the properties of them... and say something about why recycling metals is better than extracting them again.
Reply 6
It was good, the PTFE question was a bit awkward, probably lost marks on the equation for Water(put symbols instead of words) and the 6 marker at the end was eh. Expecting 50-54 out of 60.
How did people find the last question? I hadnt revise that practical so probably lost 4 marks on that 6 marker
Original post by LemonSeed
The question about water was looking for the word equation, not symbol. I made the same mistake but corrected it last minute.

How many marks was it?
Reply 9
Original post by chrlhyms
How many marks was it?

I think it was just 1 mark

Quick Reply

Latest