The Student Room Group

GCSE CCEA Lit Predictions

Has anyone got predictions for Of Mice and Men questions for English lit on Monday 23rd?
I think it's going to be Curley's wife or Candy. Possibly a pity question on Curley's wife or something like 'how far do you agree that she is to blame for all that happens'.
Reply 2
Original post by illmatics
I think it's going to be Curley's wife or Candy. Possibly a pity question on Curley's wife or something like 'how far do you agree that she is to blame for all that happens'.

I was thinking George might be likely? Maybe regarding his humanity or friendship. I hope it's not Candy, I find it fairly hard to write about him.
Original post by wizardry9
I was thinking George might be likely? Maybe regarding his humanity or friendship. I hope it's not Candy, I find it fairly hard to write about him.

Yeah I was actually thinking of George too. As far as I'm aware, he has came up before in a loneliness question along with 2 other characters and a question about how he is loyal to Lennie, so maybe a question and his dreams might come up, or how it was 'never going to come true'? Honestly though I'd love a question like whether or not he can be admired or something along the lines of his humanity. I'm just hoping that if he or Curley's wife come up they aren't in the same question as Candy because I agree that he's not easy to write about at all!
Reply 4
Original post by illmatics
Yeah I was actually thinking of George too. As far as I'm aware, he has came up before in a loneliness question along with 2 other characters and a question about how he is loyal to Lennie, so maybe a question and his dreams might come up, or how it was 'never going to come true'? Honestly though I'd love a question like whether or not he can be admired or something along the lines of his humanity. I'm just hoping that if he or Curley's wife come up they aren't in the same question as Candy because I agree that he's not easy to write about at all!

Yes a question on his dreams would be good! I actually just did an essay on the past paper question about George with the other two people, who were Crooks and Candy. I found it hard to talk about Candy in it so yeah, hopefully they aren't in the same question!
For anyone doing Animal Farm my teacher told us to prepare especially for Boxer because she thinks he'll definitely come up this year, which is good because there's so much to write about him!!
For people doing Juno and the Paycock this Friday she also thinks we should expect a political question to come up seeing as it's the year of the Easter Rising anniversary :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest