The Student Room Group

Physics IGCSE Edexcel May 25th 2016.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by metellaest
Speaking of grass, I thought that question in chemistry was awfully worded. Filtration right? Why not ask it in a normal way?

Uhhh... and I'm about to cry cos English Lit is next week and I haven't looked at my notes in a month...

yes!! the filtration question took me 12 years lol. ugh same im revising now and im just so confused :frown:
Original post by gameofno
yes!! the filtration question took me 12 years lol. ugh same im revising now and im just so confused :frown:

I know. Exams are slowly killing me (next week is official death week: 4 english exams, dual physics, greek, two latin papers)...

Are you doing CIE as well?
You know those terrible questions they set that are aimed at like E grades but are actually deceptively difficult? I hate them. Once I did a question something like:

"Here is an old weight. It says it's 100g. Somebody weighs it. Oops, it's actually 98g. Is there something wrong with the scale?"

That's meant to be easy but I still got it wrong. I wish it was just equations and definitions all the way through... *sigh*

This may sound really stupid, but what is the answer to this question?
Original post by Florrieeirrolf
This may sound really stupid, but what is the answer to this question?

Not at all! I think it was no: in the real question the scale's answer to d.p so you could say that it wasn't wrong as it was clearly precise: either the weight had its value rounded up, or it had 'worn away' (which I don't think is very likely) over time...
Reply 24
I know. Exams are slowly killing me (next week is official death week: 4 english exams, dual physics, greek, two latin papers)...

Are you doing CIE as well?

damn :O i have like 6 exams next week. i do edexcel igcse x
damn :O i have like 6 exams next week. i do edexcel igcse x

Best of luck :smile:

Let me know if you're confused about any physics and I'll see if I can help
Reply 26
Best of luck :smile:

Let me know if you're confused about any physics and I'll see if I can help

okay, thank you xx
Does anybody have any good revision booklets or revision notes for Edexcel igcse physics or any resources they can provide as I think that would be very beneficial
Original post by Powerdragonfire1
Does anybody have any good revision booklets or revision notes for Edexcel igcse physics or any resources they can provide as I think that would be very beneficial

There are some decent revision blogs out there that go through the spec points one-by-one. In Easter I found an incredible one that had a public setting, but it was then made private so you can't see it any more...

If you need help on a specific topic, I'd be happy to send some notes...
Reply 29

I'd recommend you to buy the Edexcel IGCSE Physics CGP Revision Guide.
@soniabhayani Look at this!!!
guys what do you think will come up? predictions so far from people i know:
-forces, turning effects of forces, and movement
-deffo electricity
-waves - maybe light waves or the em spectrum
-energy transfer
-radioactivity, maybe the uses of alpha, beta and gamma rays
-something about magnetism i wasnt really paying attention
-and then a graph to draw and like answer questions about

what do you think will come up? and do you think it'll be harder/easier than chem/bio?

There will be definitions asked such as voltage, efficiency, current etc. there will also be a graph and Radioactivity. That is all i know
Reply 32
Original post by Abdullah Khan
There will be definitions asked such as voltage, efficiency, current etc. there will also be a graph and Radioactivity. That is all i know

Ugh I need to memorise definitions -.- that sucks
Nah physics is a lot easier if you guys think about it logically, its basically a common sense exam with a small bit of basic knowledge of some topics.
TOP TIP:
Revise the equations off by heart. Equations equate to about 58% of the paper.
Original post by IGCSETANK
Nah physics is a lot easier if you guys think about it logically, its basically a common sense exam with a small bit of basic knowledge of some topics.
TOP TIP:
Revise the equations off by heart. Equations equate to about 58% of the paper.

Phew that is a reassuring statistic. Equations I can do - 'common sense' I can't...

How's everyone feeling about it tomorrow? It's a really bad day to do it as I get the impression most people today are bogged down with Latin/Drama/Geography...
Reply 35

Ben Ryder on YouTube has really useful videos for each topic of the physics syllabus

Also - DrPhysicsA on youtube- they are a bit long for every topic - but if there's a topic you really struggle with, he explains it very thoroughly!
Original post by Ranveen Pandhal
@soniabhayani Look at this!!!
I amm! haha thanks:smile:
Original post by sonia_bhayani
I amm! haha thanks:smile:

Welcome! :u:
If you see this message early enough, could you send me the document to my emails ?
[email protected]
Thx

Quick Reply

Latest