The Student Room Group

Maintainece Loans Interest

I applied for maintenance loan and realise there is a interest involved. Can I just pay the whole maintenance loan during university to avoid interest?
Original post by sakuraton
I applied for maintenance loan and realise there is a interest involved. Can I just pay the whole maintenance loan during university to avoid interest?

Why bother taking the loan out if you are just paying it straight back, i think the interest accures straight away rather than upon graduation.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
I thought there was no interest like tuition fee and the application was sent and confirmed. And anyway, they be giving me limited money each term. It is a one way to save money I guess. :colondollar:
Reply 3
I will just remember not apply for maintenance loan next year hehe
Original post by sakuraton
I thought there was no interest like tuition fee and the application was sent and confirmed. And anyway, they be giving me limited money each term. It is a one way to save money I guess. :colondollar:

The interest charged on the tuition loan and the maintenance loan is the same

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=5967-Repaying-your-student-loan-2015-16 lists the interest rates
Reply 5
I see, okay. I don't know why I think that tuition fee don't have interest! Well okay, thank you for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending