The Student Room Group

Aqa as sociology paper 2 families and household predictions new spec

I need predictions for the upcoming sociology exam on family and households on 23rd may, bear in mind this is the new spec!

Please i need all the help i can get on likely topics to come up, thank you!!:-)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hopeless.student
I need predictions for the upcoming sociology exam on family and households on 23rd may, bear in mind this is the new spec!

Please i need all the help i can get on likely topics to come up, thank you!!:-)

Hi! I moved this to the Sociology forum for you - you're more likely to get a good answer here :h: You might want to look around this forum as well to see if anyone else has started a thread about this :tongue:
Apparently demographics is likely to come up as the 20 mark question
Original post by Fox Corner
Hi! I moved this to the Sociology forum for you - you're more likely to get a good answer here :h: You might want to look around this forum as well to see if anyone else has started a thread about this :tongue:

oh okay thank you so much :-) !
Original post by Hakeem.419

oh god, that's the worst topic of the family and household section :frown: I really hope it doesn't but I will make sure to revise it, thanks ever so much
I know the re-sit AS paper had questions on the Symmetrical family and the functions of the family being undermined by family diversity, but not sure if that means we're more or less likely to get that in our paper?
Yeah that's true, I will make sure I revise that well today then, thanks again :smile:
Demographics is the worst likely 20 marker to come up although once you establish the trends i.e. increase in divorce, decrease in marriage etc it's easy to elaborate on why it's happening - the impact of feminism or social policy
Original post by EmilyJade99
I know the re-sit AS paper had questions on the Symmetrical family and the functions of the family being undermined by family diversity, but not sure if that means we're more or less likely to get that in our paper?

If it was in the resit then I don't think we will get it because then that will be too easy. I wish it were those topics though as I'm good at the domestic division of labour. But, you never know they might well come up, hopefully! Haha Thank you :smile:
If it was in the resit then I don't think we will get it because then that will be too easy. I wish it were those topics though as I'm good at the domestic division of labour. But, you never know they might well come up, hopefully! Haha Thank you :smile:

I know :/ I find those topics the easiest!

The approaches and functions of families may come up e.g. how far do sociologists agree that nuclear families are most important in today society. Also make sure you look at old pass papers such as the 2013 papers because i noticed that they get ideas from old papers as i did my exam today it was very similar good luck !
Please can someone provide me with a document on demographics as i'm unsure how i'd answer a 20 marker on this, thanks in advance!
Original post by hi my name is
The approaches and functions of families may come up e.g. how far do sociologists agree that nuclear families are most important in today society. Also make sure you look at old pass papers such as the 2013 papers because i noticed that they get ideas from old papers as i did my exam today it was very similar good luck !

Oh right never knew that, I'll do some pass papers then and hopefully i will do well thank you!!:smile:
Reply 12

Isn't it the 24th sorry? 8:30?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foji
Isn't it the 24th sorry? 8:30?

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh yeah sorry my bad haaha, and time is 9:00 :-)
Reply 14

for example if i get a C/D in unit 1 and it unit 2 i received a strong A grade what is my overall grade

Oh my word, no!
Original post by ptracey_
for example if i get a C/D in unit 1 and it unit 2 i received a strong A grade what is my overall grade

Probably a B. If you got a D it would likely be a low B, if you got a high C (top tier) you could possibly get an A.
Reply 17
Is social policy likely to come up???? when did that last come up
Hi can anyone help me answer an essay on demograpics because its quite likely to come up?, Eg birth rates/death rates? Does anyone have a sample answer? Please

Your exam is on the 23rd

Quick Reply

Latest