The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Abbeyhill Accomodation

Hi,
Just thought it would be nice to start this thread for anyone else to discuss abbeyhill accomodation and if they have an offer for this accomodation.
Reply 1
From what I have seen online it looks pretty good, I accepted my offer for it the other day.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Yeah it looks really lovely and I visited it today and it was nice. Just accepted my offer :biggrin:
It's so nice to find other people who are going to be staying at Abbeyhill! I'm a little nervous to be in an 8 person flat but hopefully it'll be easier to meet people. My only concern about Abbeyhill is that it seems to be further out compared to some other housing. Was it still within walking distance to the campus?
Reply 4
Original post by Mo-From-Mo
It's so nice to find other people who are going to be staying at Abbeyhill! I'm a little nervous to be in an 8 person flat but hopefully it'll be easier to meet people. My only concern about Abbeyhill is that it seems to be further out compared to some other housing. Was it still within walking distance to the campus?

I walked from the accomodation to the uni the other week and its not that far a walk. It takes about half an hour. Also if you dont want to walk you can get a number 35 bus just outside the accomodation straight to the uni which is good.
I received my offer for Abbeyhill yesterday. It was my 4th choice but only because of the distance to George Square compared to other accommodations and I'm sure I'll get used to it quickly! From the pictures the rooms look really nice and modern. I am in a 6 person flat but I'm not sure if it is single sex or mixed. Have any of you joined the Facebook group yet?
Abbeyhill wasn't my first choice due to the distance but it doesn't seem like its' that far after all. Thanks! I have joined the Facebook Group, but I think they have to approve you first so I'm still waiting. Does Edinburgh do mixed flats? I'm an international students so I'm kind of unfamiliar with how the flats work.
hey guys all the halls links are in the Facebook group for 2016/17

https://www.facebook.com/groups/925767134160872/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending