The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I know people who go to Wells (the posh school) and their results are so much worse than at Preston Manor... sure, it's a nice building, but imho that's all it has going for it really. I dislike Wells with a vengeance, too many people there are closed-minded and snobbish. But that's just me...
Reply 21
I really want to watch it - it looks pretty interesting.
Bland bland bland. People don't have get away with making ****.
Reply 23
I saw the first episode, but missed the last two!
my school was on the BBC news for showing off their "interactive white boards" how exciting

also my head teacher gets around... she was seen with cherie blair (not like that lol)

was in the gazette for some youths being labelled as "mobs"

ah im sure theres more
mizzy87
Your sister teaches at Preston Manor??

Yep, probably shouldn't say who she is though. You might have her for all I know.
mizzy87
I left the school, or should I say it's sixth form, two years ago. :smile:

But seriously, good luck to your sister! I can see it takes a whooole lot of patience to teach somewhere like Preston Manor :redface: Does she enjoy her job?

^^I guess I should've known you'd left by your name...

And yeah, I think she enjoys it. She hasn't been teaching for that long though, so she's throwing herself in the deep end a bit lol, thanks for asking. :smile:
My mum works at preston manor and she said it can get a bit crazy at times, the teachers are decent there but she still wouldn't send my brother and sister there because its just too rowdy. I definitely wouldn't pay to be educated its just a matter of finding the right state school.

As for my school we were on BBC news because of a energy report and how its so high. I think there was a VERY brief glimpse of me as well :cool:
Obviously you can't comment on individual pupil cases within a school but generally yeah, north west London schools are quite rowdy but and quite a few students can go astray as such. I went to Kingsbury and it started off good but when the head left it started to go downhill. It was never really rowdy though of course you'd get the odd fight and whatever *cough cough* but it was generally a good school. Quality of schools can change very quickly so what was a good school 5 years ago may not necessarily be so now.

Latest