The Student Room Group

i answered the wrong section in my exam- what do i do?????? please help im panicing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dapperblook22
It depends on the exam board, I know that OCR will mark both answers if given and will award the highest mark, as there is an underlying assumption that the candidate has penalised themselves by answering more than required.

Mine was for CIE.
Original post by D.SHA64
can i resit next year??
i do gcse sociology

Oh no you can't.. just let a teacher know what you've done and they'll let AQA know. Hopefully it doesn't damage your grade as much.
Unless the paper was of quite bad quality 5 minutes isn't likely going to change a significant amount, it sounds like you answered an extra 12 mark question? They won't mark it, I think they'll just mark the first ones as specified by the rules, if you missed an entire 12 mark question you definitely messed up and that's your bad so they won't do anything about it.
Reply 43
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Unless the paper was of quite bad quality 5 minutes isn't likely going to change a significant amount, it sounds like you answered an extra 12 mark question? They won't mark it, I think they'll just mark the first ones as specified by the rules, if you missed an entire 12 mark question you definitely messed up and that's your bad so they won't do anything about it.

This. Don't bother trying to contact the exam board since there's nothing that will be done about it.
yeah you screwed up nothing can be changed, be happy that this is GCSE rather than A level so you are not 100% ****ed
you're panicking about a GCSE exam in sociology of all subjects............. chill OP, believe me
Original post by D.SHA64
i answerd the power section in my sociology exam when i was panicing in the last 5 mins of my exam i dont thnk i even finnished my actual section

i thought i had missed out a whole 12 mark question so i did it even though i was not supposed to
i have failed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what do i do
shall i call aqa and ask them
someone help me please

Hey, don't worry. I did the same thing last year and answered power, I cried my eyes out because it was so frustrating and my teachers gave me dirty looks when I told them. But however I passed and even managed to get an A, so hopefully the the moderator will make you accordingly as they will understand you answered the wrong section.

It will all be fine! My friends do still tease me about it to this day, but it's better to laugh about it now then to be angry at yourself for answering the wrong section, when it's a common mistake.:smile:
Omg I answered the 2 and 4 makers of power too even though i wasn't supposed to do that topic . it's because I saw questions like welfare state thinking it was something to do with the topic social inequality. So I did the 4 marker it was about alienation I believe and OMG I stated waffling on about god knows whatt since I thought it was another sneaky a level term they put in. BUT THEN I REALISED I was doing the wrong topic so I put a huge cross on that entire page :redface: The great thing about it though was that I managed to finish the whole paper with time left to spare. I felt so dumb though afterwards :colondollar:
Reply 48
Original post by aleishans
It may be because of the A level reforms - if the year after you is moving to a linear A level course Im not sure you can resit

Good point. I know at my school there's a fair amount of flexibility, even in the subjects which are technically linear, some pupils are sitting an AS in it. I guess it depends on the school though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending