The Student Room Group

The Official OCR English Literature H072/H472 Predictions and Discussion Thread (AS)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhythmical
Man I'm excited for the one next week, that one is way easier and the texts are much more nicer to read and they aren't from hundreds of years ago.

SAME can't wait for this one to be out the way, I study Streetcar & Gatsby
Original post by lauren_mh
SAME can't wait for this one to be out the way, I study Streetcar & Gatsby

Ah that's cool. Damn just over an hour to go.
Just to let everyone know, when the exam is over I will discuss how it went and we can come up with an unofficial mark scheme and answer the questions you got stuck on.
Okay I am all done. It was a fairly good paper as a lot of what I revised was in the paper and it turned out easy except for the poetry.
Reply 44
I had hamlet and paradise lost and hamlet was good but the extract for paradise lost was rubbish
Original post by dnr_23
I had hamlet and paradise lost and hamlet was good but the extract for paradise lost was rubbish

Yes poetry was horrible and I found it so bad.
Oh jeez, Hamlet okay - poetry, dear God
Original post by iamlucy
Oh jeez, Hamlet okay - poetry, dear God

Wasn't just me who struggled with poetry. Dear Lord it was horrible and I just had to make up some crap. It went OK but I had to rush it.
Wasn't just me who struggled with poetry. Dear Lord it was horrible and I just had to make up some crap. It went OK but I had to rush it.

You and me both <3 Honestly awful, I think I said about how in Goblin market when Laura loses the fruit she longs for one more mouthful just like the woman in shut out longed for "buds to cheer her outcast state". I said that sometimes loss is necessary - like committing suicide in "in the round tower and Jhansi" and that loss sometimes has no impact on life or others like in "from the antique" - crap points, but I didn't have much to go off!

Honestly, we aren't the only ones so please don't worry, I'm hoping that Hamlet was like a B and poetry, well....if they can read it, maybe a D :wink: I'm honestly not sure - just going to have to hope that grade boundaries are low, and the next ones go alright - what are the two texts you do for the next one?
Original post by iamlucy
You and me both <3 Honestly awful, I think I said about how in Goblin market when Laura loses the fruit she longs for one more mouthful just like the woman in shut out longed for "buds to cheer her outcast state". I said that sometimes loss is necessary - like committing suicide in "in the round tower and Jhansi" and that loss sometimes has no impact on life or others like in "from the antique" - crap points, but I didn't have much to go off!

Honestly, we aren't the only ones so please don't worry, I'm hoping that Hamlet was like a B and poetry, well....if they can read it, maybe a D :wink: I'm honestly not sure - just going to have to hope that grade boundaries are low, and the next ones go alright - what are the two texts you do for the next one?

My Shakespeare text was The Tempest and that was very easy. The Merchant's Tale was awful but the final grade is based on the two papers. I'm doing The History Boys and The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories. How about you?
My Shakespeare text was The Tempest and that was very easy. The Merchant's Tale was awful but the final grade is based on the two papers. I'm doing The History Boys and The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories. How about you?

That's very true I suppose, the bloody chamber is my weakness though, so that's bound to trip me up!

The bloody chamber and streetcar named desire! Sorry I thought you did Rossetti! I'm sure you've done better than you thought though! It sucks how few people seem to do OCR, the AQA feed is filled with people, it just seems to be us so far 😂 If I find anything useful for the bloody chamber I'll pm you! :smile:
Original post by iamlucy
That's very true I suppose, the bloody chamber is my weakness though, so that's bound to trip me up!

The bloody chamber and streetcar named desire! Sorry I thought you did Rossetti! I'm sure you've done better than you thought though! It sucks how few people seem to do OCR, the AQA feed is filled with people, it just seems to be us so far 😂 If I find anything useful for the bloody chamber I'll pm you! :smile:

I know and OCR seems harder. I found a great study resource that I printed out months ago which I should find. Are you going to practise writing essays? I'm gonna find quotes for each theme. What short stories are you most confident on? I always find the unseen extract so hard.

I didn't think the merchant was that bad... honestly the problem is time, how do you expec me to read an extrat and write about 3 different characters... gtfo seriosuly time was short.... i also did measure for measure... not a bad Q but i think that time made me rush...
Original post by Minantan
I didn't think the merchant was that bad... honestly the problem is time, how do you expec me to read an extrat and write about 3 different characters... gtfo seriosuly time was short.... i also did measure for measure... not a bad Q but i think that time made me rush...

Yeah I agree. Given more time I could have wrote loads however I slipped up and rushed it because I forgot what I was supposed to say. Was the extract during the wedding of January and May? I figured it was just after and before January takes May to bed.
I know and OCR seems harder. I found a great study resource that I printed out months ago which I should find. Are you going to practise writing essays? I'm gonna find quotes for each theme. What short stories are you most confident on? I always find the unseen extract so hard.

Lady of the house of love, the snow child, the bloody chamber and a company of wolves - I'm literally just going to go over those 4, and none else - regardless of the question, I'll just try and force it - there's WAY too much to try and remember thoroughly :/ You? Practice essays stress me out - I'm going to try just building up some mind maps on some potential themes, and maybe go through any exemplar pieces I can find :/
Yeah I agree. Given more time I could have wrote loads however I slipped up and rushed it because I forgot what I was supposed to say. Was the extract during the wedding of January and May? I figured it was just after and before January takes May to bed.

i think during as january is looking at her waiting impatiently too sleep with may
Original post by iamlucy
Lady of the house of love, the snow child, the bloody chamber and a company of wolves - I'm literally just going to go over those 4, and none else - regardless of the question, I'll just try and force it - there's WAY too much to try and remember thoroughly :/ You? Practice essays stress me out - I'm going to try just building up some mind maps on some potential themes, and maybe go through any exemplar pieces I can find :/

The Snow Child, The Bloody Chamber, The Werewolf, The Company of Wolves and Wolf Alice as well as The Tiger's Bride. We only need to have three minimum and I think that's all we need. I suppose it's the difficultly of getting quotes to have some relevancy. Lit Charts is amazing, I recommend downloading their PDFs to revise.
i think during as january is looking at her waiting impatiently too sleep with may

Yeah thought so. It wasn't easy but it wasn't the hardest extract they could have given us.
Yeah thought so. It wasn't easy but it wasn't the hardest extract they could have given us.

Its stupid how they decreased the amount of time for the paper......
Its stupid how they decreased the amount of time for the paper......

Wasn't it not 1 hour and 45 at first? Those 15 minutes could have changed my life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending