The Student Room Group

National 5 Computing Science

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by Lewis H01
I wrote there weren't spread out navigations and you couldn't change language or something like that?

im actually so upset, i got an A in the prelim 95% and now i feel like im just barely going to pass.

For navigation i put down inconsistency with buttons and something about the arrow not pointing to a reliable source?? anyways im dropping this subject
Reply 301
Damn I wrote price ascending and depart descending

I'll still one mark though.

For the advantages of interface I wrote stores data temporary and allows communications between two devices
Reply 302
Original post by A+Hunter
I got input validation and syntax error as well.

Is RND function called the round function? If so then that's what I put.

I wrote it allows currency to be displayed with the values. Was a bit confused.

What did people get in section A about the user one. They said in the question it was a novice user or something

expert user

Also the pre-defined function im pretty sure was RANDOM but RND was my second option although there wasn't really anything that was rounded
Reply 303
What was the two issues with flat file databases? The only one I could think of was data duplication, for the other one I said there was too many fields meaning the file size is bigger but it was just on the off-chance it's right :colondollar:

And when it asked for another type instead of flat file, was it a linked database? I know it's an easy one but my mind went blank
Original post by yeolk
expert user

Also the pre-defined function im pretty sure was RANDOM but RND was my second option although there wasn't really anything that was rounded

Yeah that question was weird.
I think the other one was update anomalies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 306
Original post by yeolk
meaningful identifier

also the pre-defined function i put RANDOM

I got meaningful variable names too :smile:
For the interface question I wrote

+ Voltage conversion
+ Change anologue into digital

Would I get both marks ????????????
Reply 308
Original post by Ethan100
What did you guys put for the 2 ways to commit the computer misuse act or something like that ?? It was near the end of the paper

Oh WHY do they write {DO NOT WRITE HERE] page in the middle of the paper ? I nearly missed out like all of the questions

Accessing in order to commit a crime
Gaining unauthorised access to a system

For security suite i cant believe i spent like 5 minutes on that it didnt strike me as something that would be in the exam
Reply 309
Original post by pandasaurus rex
I think the other one was update anomalies

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got data duplications/data insertion and data anomalies. I wrote three things just in case...
In the programming language we used RND was used with the Randomize () function when generating a random number

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 311
Original post by yeolk
Accessing in order to commit a crime
Gaining unauthorised access to a system

For security suite i cant believe i spent like 5 minutes on that it didnt strike me as something that would be in the exam

What did you out for security suite I mucked it up

I wrote use firewall and biometrics :/ idk if it's right
Original post by jj1814
What was the two issues with flat file databases? The only one I could think of was data duplication, for the other one I said there was too many fields meaning the file size is bigger but it was just on the off-chance it's right :colondollar:

And when it asked for another type instead of flat file, was it a linked database? I know it's an easy one but my mind went blank

Data duplication.
Data inconsistent or something

I wrote linked database. Same my mind went blank for that one as well :P
I wrote Firewall and Anti Malware software

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lewis H01
What did you out for security suite I mucked it up

I wrote use firewall and biometrics :/ idk if it's right

Same. That's what I wrote. Firewall should definitely be one and I'm sure biometrics is one as well :smile:
I think linked tables is right, but I wrote Relational Database

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone please answer my question
Reply 317
This was weird because they literally showed you a flowchart! I wasn't sure if they wanted another kind of design notation or not, it was so vague.

Posted from TSR Mobile

put down hierarchical and structured diagram because they were similar AHHHHH im doomed
Reply 318
I think linked tables is right, but I wrote Relational Database

Posted from TSR Mobile

There the same thing, don't worry :smile:
Reply 319
Original post by A+Hunter
Same. That's what I wrote. Firewall should definitely be one and I'm sure biometrics is one as well :smile:

I'm glad <3

Original post by Ethan100
Can someone please answer my question

What was the question ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending