The Student Room Group

Maths Fractions Homework HELP PLEASE!

Hi there, I really need some help on this last question on a maths paper. Please help! The question is attached on this post. Any help would be greatly appreciated xx
Reply 1
Original post by TheDoctor11
Hi there, I really need some help on this last question on a maths paper. Please help! The question is attached on this post. Any help would be greatly appreciated xx

(10.5 divided by 0.007) x two thirds

edit: To find the number of pieces of paper in the tall pile, you take the known height and divide by the width of each piece of paper to find the total number. Then multiply by two thirds since it's in the ratio 3:2 to arrive at the answer
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by c-rated
(10.5 divided by 0.007) x two thirds

edit: To find the number of pieces of paper in the tall pile, you take the known height and divide by the width of each piece of paper to find the total number. Then multiply by two thirds since it's in the ratio 3:2 to arrive at the answer

thank you so much!!!!
Reply 3
If anyone is stuck somewhere with their assignments, I will gladly help. For instant assistance, please PM me!
Worked solution

1. Where two ratios are equal, it can be expressed as an equation of two fractions.
2. Let the unknown be xx
3. So height of taller pileheight of smaller pile\frac{height\ of\ taller\ pile}{height\ of\ smaller\ pile} = 10.5 cmx cm\frac{10.5\ cm}{x\ cm} = 32\frac{3}{2}
4. Solve for xx
5. xx cm = 10.5 cm divided by 32\frac{3}{2} = 10.5 cm  23*\ \frac{2}{3}
6. xx = 7
7. If 71000\frac{7}{1000} cm per sheet, then 7 cm71000 cm per sheet\frac{7\ cm}{\frac{7}{1000}\ cm\ per\ sheet} = 1000 sheets
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest