Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

How to get a C in Edexcel Maths Foundation Tier?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

So, non-calculator maths is next Thursday and I'm desperate to get a C. I'm not doing maths or science courses at Sixth Form so really, I just want to get Maths GCSE dusted and out of the way, so I don't have to retake it alongside my English and Media/Film based A-Levels.

I'm taking the foundation paper. I've done lots of past papers and most recently, I've been getting Ds that are a few marks away from a C, and Cs when I've sat through a paper with a teaching assistant. So my chances look good, but I want the most security and confidence I can get.

Hopefully the grade boundaries aren't too horrible, but what do you recommend I do to solidify my confidence?

Also as a sidenote, shape construction is a real weak point of mine because I have dyspraxia. Gotta practice that. Also pie charts, I'm terrible at converting table data into degrees for pie charts and vice versa, pie chart degrees into data (eg questions like: from the pie chart, how many people like tennis?)

Just keep practising. Do a paper > identify weak subjects > study those subjects > sit another paper > identity remaining weak subjects > sit another > repeat until exam.

If you put in the work you will be fine. There really isn't any magic method here :nope:

I did Edexcel Maths Foundation Tier last year and got a C, the grade boundaries are always high and if they do change it would only be slightly but what I did was tons of past papers and the topics I didn't get full marks or any for I would write down and study again and again until I got it. Try and work on the harder topics which offer more marks, because that is usually the ones that make a difference in grades. They usually say to aim to get 75% of the paper for a C, what kind of marks are you getting in the past-papers out of 100?

can any one help me get a C as that's the highest I can get due to doing a foundation paper
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.