Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help with particularly angry outbursts

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi folks, thanks for reading.

    Essentially I'd like to know if help is available for what could be considered anger issues.
    I've always been rather short tempered but it has never really been a problem for me. Recently however, my girlfriend and I have had a couple of minor arguments that I have lost my temper massively in.

    I have never hurt her and never had a desire to, would just like to stress that.

    My girlfriend accused me of hiding something from her which I didn't (later showed her proof of this) but whilst she was accusing me and things got more heated, I punched her living room wall which in turn dented it.
    I obviously made arrangements to have the wall repaired as quickly as possible.

    Thank you in advance.

    Have you talked to your GP? There should be some sort of anger management course you can go on.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 1, 1970
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.