The Student Room Group

Lt4 english literature

Hi guys! Idk if theres a thread out there for english lit LT4 thats recent.
I am studying HAMLET and WIFE OF BATH.

What is everyone else studying? :smile:
We can use this to share revision ideas and quotes etc.
Hey, im studying Hamlet too! What types of things are you doing for revision??
Reply 2
Original post by bethwills9
Hey, im studying Hamlet too! What types of things are you doing for revision??

Hiya :smile:
For revision I am just doing essay plans for each possible essay that could come up and soon (hopefully) will be starting essays from those plans :smile: just learning quotes and trying to find passages I can analyse really. How about you? :smile:
Reply 3
I'm doing Hamlet and The Wife of Bath as well! I'm really struggling with the Wife of Bath though because I find poetry really difficult. Have you got a list of themes for Hamlet or WOB?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by luvylu
I'm doing Hamlet and The Wife of Bath as well! I'm really struggling with the Wife of Bath though because I find poetry really difficult. Have you got a list of themes for Hamlet or WOB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hello, yeah I've been doing themes as well, i've been doing themes such as
madness, corruption, loss, grief, sex, prejudice, revenge, gender, women and sin:smile: you? also which passages are people analysing???
Reply 5
Original post by bethwills9
hello, yeah I've been doing themes as well, i've been doing themes such as
madness, corruption, loss, grief, sex, prejudice, revenge, gender, women and sin:smile: you? also which passages are people analysing???

Revenge, crime and punishment, tragedy
Families, fathers and mothers, sex, women/misogyny
Corruption, violence, good vs evil, ugly/repulsive behaviour, horrifying events, supernatural
Duty, justice, loyalty, politics and power, class, religion, art and culture
hypocrisy, appearance vs reality, deception, madness, action vs inaction
Symbols (Ears andhearing, skull, flowers, play), mortality, disease & decay, comedy, dramatic techniques I'm mostly struggling in finding quotes for Revenger's that fit in with the themes and correspond with Hamlet quotes. Can anyone list some important Revenger's quotes, please?Does anyone have quotes for politics and power, class, religion, art and culture, comedy and dramatic techniques?Btw some of the themes I've listed have already come up in the exam, and some kind of overlap.Feel free to add to the list and recommend any more. I'm going to add loss/grief and sin, thanks to you :biggrin:
Reply 6
Im making rough essay plans! E.g. for appearance vs a reality. Here is a snippet: :smile:
Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 00.50.05.png
Reply 7
Original post by aladdin818
Im making rough essay plans! E.g. for appearance vs a reality. Here is a snippet: :smile:
Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 00.50.05.png

Wow this looks really, really good 😮Would you mind posting them on here or sending them, if you don't mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Hey guys..

Chance - what 3 points would you make for Hamlet and comparative material for Revengers?

struggling w this one.. :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Wheyey people :smile:

How is revision going?

p.s. what is eeveryone doing for AO4 (context) I don't know what to write on context? :/
Original post by luvylu
Wow this looks really, really good 😮Would you mind posting them on here or sending them, if you don't mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't finished :[ I started 4 (appearance vs reality, sympathy, loyalty and chance) but none are finito ... been busy w chem and bio. :[ ugh.
has anyone got a list of possible questions for WoB? I'm struggling as they seem so different year on year
Is anyone else doing Oedipus Rex, King Lear and William Blake?

Help with Oedipus Rex would be greatly appreciated!! xx
what do you guys reckon the questions will be on for Hamlet this year? :frown:
what do you guys reckon the questions will be on for Hamlet this year? :frown:

hoping for women/ misogyny
but there were 2 theme questions last year on big themes so I don't know whether the questions will be less straight forward this year
Original post by sixthformer122
hoping for women/ misogyny
but there were 2 theme questions last year on big themes so I don't know whether the questions will be less straight forward this year

Ah me too. I had a look at some of the older ones and theres 'crime and punishment' and 'family relationships' and .... 'comedy' :/

I reckon it could be either one of those just phrased differently..
Ah me too. I had a look at some of the older ones and theres 'crime and punishment' and 'family relationships' and .... 'comedy' :/

I reckon it could be either one of those just phrased differently..

yeah don't like the look of comedy, really common themes are my strongest section. I wouldn't mind family relationships either since its so broad, there is loads to talk about...

do you have any ideas for wife of bath?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending