Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

How to stay motivated for revision?

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

Hi everyone,

Over the past few months I find that it takes me a long time to study and do revision etc which originally wasn't a problem because I had the time but over the last week or two I just can't bring myself to do the work at all. I give up very easily and it really bothers me and it makes me feel even worse. I've tried taking breaks but that doesn't really do anything and I feel I'm running out of options.

My S1 exam and a few other important exams are coming up in less than a month and even though I want to study for them, I feel like I physically can't. Ever since I got my predicted grades of A*A*A I really want to work hard so that they don't go down but if anything I feel even more lost with schoolwork than previously.

Does anyone have any advice? Sorry for rambling

If you really want those good results, you be as well revising

Have an incentive to revise. Doesn't have to be a big thing, just something like some chocolate or watching an episode of TV.

Or if you have a uni that you really want to go to. Print out a picture of the one you really want to go to and stick it near your revision area, so if you are ever feeling down you can always look at it and be like ''I'm going to go there :yep:''

Make sure to take regular breaks as well, it helps to divide up the work better.

Think about your hot wife/husband in your Bugatti waiting for you but the catch is you have to smash your exams. That's the only thing that's motivating me. It's the final hurdle, unless you completely flop your exams and end up as a failure which leads to your lifestyle being filled with hatred and depression. Sooner or later you'll lose the will to thrive on and that itself becomes the catalyst to your inevitable death.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Cats: Yay or nay?
Useful revision links

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.