The Student Room Group

How to stay motivated for revision?

Hi everyone,

Over the past few months I find that it takes me a long time to study and do revision etc which originally wasn't a problem because I had the time but over the last week or two I just can't bring myself to do the work at all. I give up very easily and it really bothers me and it makes me feel even worse. I've tried taking breaks but that doesn't really do anything and I feel I'm running out of options.

My S1 exam and a few other important exams are coming up in less than a month and even though I want to study for them, I feel like I physically can't. Ever since I got my predicted grades of A*A*A I really want to work hard so that they don't go down but if anything I feel even more lost with schoolwork than previously.

Does anyone have any advice? Sorry for rambling :smile:
If you really want those good results, you be as well revising
Reply 2
Have an incentive to revise. Doesn't have to be a big thing, just something like some chocolate or watching an episode of TV.

Or if you have a uni that you really want to go to. Print out a picture of the one you really want to go to and stick it near your revision area, so if you are ever feeling down you can always look at it and be like ''I'm going to go there :yep:''

Make sure to take regular breaks as well, it helps to divide up the work better.
Reply 3
Think about your hot wife/husband in your Bugatti waiting for you but the catch is you have to smash your exams. That's the only thing that's motivating me. It's the final hurdle, unless you completely flop your exams and end up as a failure which leads to your lifestyle being filled with hatred and depression. Sooner or later you'll lose the will to thrive on and that itself becomes the catalyst to your inevitable death.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending