Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girlfriend and her ex

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

Hey everyone,

I'm gonna try to explain this situation in the best possible way as most times I explain it I make myself seem so controlling etc

Basically, my girlfriend ten months had always maintained the fact that she hates all her ex's, she can't stand to look at them and all that

Then I noticed her in a group chat with her friends and her ex, saw this completely st a first glance I wasn't snooping through her phone.

I just asked her why she's in a group chat if she apparently hates him and she just says it's because she wants to be in the chat wth her friends so I said okay, that's cool.

i said to her if you want to tolerate him just to be with your friends I'm cool with that but I'm not comfortable with further contact, note, I didn't say she couldn't, I just let her know I'm not comfortable with it

And then she agrees to it and all that, but then she completely u turns and starts telling me how she thinks he's a really nice person and how she wants to talk to him and what not,

I said she could it doesn't bother me, but lately it has been like, she's talking to someone she's had a sexual relationship with, and she's acting kind of distant to me, and i feel if I bring it up she will just call me controlling and obsessed like she has done before

What shall I do?

Lol such a catch 22, if you call her out on her bs you're controlling, you don't you're passive. Just ignore flaky girls like this, you can't win, she probably doesn't even know what she's doing

You take her phone away and show her who's boss lolll. She doesn't know what she wants or what shes doing - like Dante said

Seems iffy

You have an ex? Start chatting to her or pretend you are, bring up an ex and see her reaction. Hypocritical it'll be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do you wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.