The Student Room Group

Braces in Uni

(Not sure if this is the right board but here we go.)
So I found out that I may need braces, (my jaw is messed up) and they likely wouldn't be off by the time I go to uni. I'm scared about how this will make me look, has anyone had any experience with this?
Original post by Anonymous
(Not sure if this is the right board but here we go.)
So I found out that I may need braces, (my jaw is messed up) and they likely wouldn't be off by the time I go to uni. I'm scared about how this will make me look, has anyone had any experience with this?

Ive had braces in secondary school, and I totally understand that you would feel like ur the odd one out, but not to worry as braces is actually the trend that is going around, and tbh no one really cares if you have braces on or off :smile:
Reply 2
I had braces in my late teens & I remember being so embarrassed about it, but I can honestly say from experience it is SO worth it for the final outcome.
It sounds like I had a similar issue to you - turns out my jaw wasn't right. If I didn't have treatment I would probably need a big operation on my jaw later in life, so I had braces.
When I think back it just wasn't something worth being embarrassed about, people don't notice & it's only a big deal if you make it so in your head.
When you get them off it is the best feeling & makes it all completely worth it.

Quick Reply

Latest