The Student Room Group

Maths Exam - Sleep or No sleep

fhgf

Scroll to see replies

No sleep!
Reply 2
L o L no-sleep, Although it's Geography for me in the afternoon :biggrin:
How is this a question? Sleep! Who doesn't love sleep?
Reply 4
you have to sleep because if you do the exam without sleep you will make errors you wouldn't make otherwise and you don't want taht bc ur brain will get micro sleep and in doing so u will miss out information and get 2.9 instead of 2.8 and then 0 marks rip
I guess that depends on how much you've studied, honestly...

But seriously. If you don't sleep now, energy failure will probably get you later on. Hopefully after the exam, but there's no way of telling, really. Or at the very least, you might really mess up in some of the questions because you'll be so tired, and then end up getting a low mark anyway...

So I would say try to get at least 6 hours of sleep.
Reply 6
Obviously sleep...
Reply 7
But listen guys, Maths is BIG EXAM and to be honest I would rather revise all night then waste like 6 hours because of sleep.

Is this a good idea? Stack on energy drinks and revise all night?
Original post by AceThug
But listen guys, Maths is BIG EXAM and to be honest I would rather revise all night then waste like 6 hours because of sleep.

Bad idea. Energy drinks boost you for about 30mins and then get you bloody tired for the rest of the day. You should just get sleep, go to school early and refresh your mind on topics you're weakest at. Good luck!
Original post by AceThug

What time did you wake up today?
Reply 10
Original post by HeskeyLAD
What time did you wake up today?

6am
Original post by AceThug
6am

Have you had a nap at any point today? And how long? Lol this sounds like a diagnosis or something
If the exam is in the morning then sleep ...
Reply 13
Original post by HeskeyLAD
Have you had a nap at any point today? And how long? Lol this sounds like a diagnosis or something

Nope never nap
Reply 14
I to have a maths exam

not sIeeping
modafinil for Biology exam here.
I hate it when you have to ask yourself this question XDD
Reply 17
Yeah I really do not know what to do as Maths is a very big subject and i cannot afford to waste any time
Original post by AceThug
Nope never nap

Go to sleep. Now. Staying awake for about 26+ hours prior to the exam will melt your brain.

Unless you have a lot to cover. The choice is yours.
- Go to sleep listening to a YouTube playlist of maths on repeat.
- Get 6 hours of sleep
- Have a good breakfast I recommend eating a handful of almonds and having a full breakfast
- Use any time you have left looking at past papers you've done and noting and mistakes you've previously made. Don't try to learn anything new unless your exams in the afternoon. In that case I still wouldn't recommend it but f you feel you haven't understood small areas properly then it's not too bad.
- Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest