The Student Room Group

What do I need for a 2:1?

I was wondering if you know how the formula works?

My results for third year currently are:-

48 credit Module (Disseration) 70
24 credit Module (ASD assignment) 60
24 credit module (Adolescence) 45

I am still waiting on one more module result. I know by reading the LJMU handbook that they take the overall mark from Level 5 as 25% and they take away your worst 24 credit module for level 6. I got 56 overall for Level 5.What do I need here to get a 2:1 as I am hoping to get onto my MA in Social Work?

Thanks so much

Michael
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
60% average over you degree
Reply 2
Original post by M14B
60% average over you degree

I know yeah but with them grades so far am I anywhere near?
Reply 3
Original post by Seedyefc
I know yeah but with them grades so far am I anywhere near?

It looks that you got around 61% in the third year
Reply 4
Thanks man
Original post by Seedyefc
I was wondering if you know how the formula works?

My results for third year currently are:-

48 credit Module (Disseration) 70
24 credit Module (ASD assignment) 60
24 credit module (Adolescence) 45

I am still waiting on one more module result. I know by reading the LJMU handbook that they take the overall mark from Level 5 as 25% and they take away your worst 24 credit module for level 6. I got 56 overall for Level 5.What do I need here to get a 2:1 as I am hoping to get onto my MA in Social Work?

Thanks so much

Michael

See attached - if you do worse than 45% in your remaining 24 credit module then your overall percentage is 59.9%. Do any better (plug in numbers to the empty box) and your overall score in the top left goes up
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
See attached - if you do worse than 45% in your remaining 24 credit module then your overall percentage is 59.9%. Do any better (plug in numbers to the empty box) and your overall score in the top left goes up

Hi PQ,

Just wanted to say thank you for your help it put my mind at ease.

I ended up getting a 60 in my last module so I think overall I should finish with 62-63.

SeedyEFC

Quick Reply

Latest