The Student Room Group

Q: Subject Rankings for Biomedical Engineering

Does anybody know how to find the subject ranking for Biomedical Engineering?
Preferably QS, Times Higher Education, or one from The Complete University Guide.

The course is heavily an engineering field and some of the forums I've visited said it's under Engineering & Technology, but others argue its Biomedical Science (which I disagree as the modules are very different).

I'm not sure where to look for. Are there any league tables (by subject) which I can refer to specifically for Biomedical Engineering? If there aren't any, how do I search for it in the three aforementioned rankings above?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by MAS98
Does anybody know how to find the subject ranking for Biomedical Engineering?
Preferably QS, Times Higher Education, or one from The Complete University Guide.

The course is heavily an engineering field and some of the forums I've visited said it's under Engineering & Technology, but others argue its Biomedical Science (which I disagree as the modules are very different).

I'm not sure where to look for. Are there any league tables (by subject) which I can refer to specifically for Biomedical Engineering? If there aren't any, how do I search for it in the three aforementioned rankings above?

Thanks in advance.

You can't.

But don't go by rankings anyway. Check the course details, entry requirements, unistats (although watch out for small sample sizes), university location, accommodation, etc etc

Engineering employers don't pay attention to rankings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say look at a combination of the mechanical, materials, eee and biomedical rankings, with more focus on materials and eee.
Reply 3
Original post by jneill
You can't.

But don't go by rankings anyway. Check the course details, entry requirements, unistats (although watch out for small sample sizes), university location, accommodation, etc etc

Engineering employers don't pay attention to rankings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course, I'm not using league tables solely in choosing universities as, yes, there are other factors to account for as well. Though where I live most employers do actually pay attention to rankings. But thank you anyways!
Reply 4
Original post by Helloworld_95
I'd say look at a combination of the mechanical, materials, eee and biomedical rankings, with more focus on materials and eee.

Ah thank you for your help. Do you also take Biomedical Engineering if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by MAS98
Ah thank you for your help. Do you also take Biomedical Engineering if you don't mind me asking?

No, I do Aero, but at my uni we share a lot of the same modules and are part of the same department.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending