The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
logic123
tw what did you put for the true and fals questions on the art museum

I cant rele remember that question wot did u get and i tell u if i got similiar?
Reply 21
chelsea what did you GUYS PUT FOR THE TRUE AND FALS QUESTIONS
Reply 22
For The True And False Questions, On The Arts Galary What Did Everyone Put I Put

V For The First One
V For The Unemplyed
F For The Parking Not Being Included
Pm For The Food No Being Included
F For It Not Being Every Dimance
F That It Wasent Open On The 1st Of Janvier
Pm Becuase It Didnt Say If There Were English Guided Tours.
Reply 23
lfc4life
What did you's all put for the very last 2 questions. About the problems parents were causing and the warning. I put two problems as parents cancelling within to close period of time, and the warning was they wouldnt be accepted for school.

I said that the parents were enrolling their children without the kids knowin and that sum kids didnt turn up without tellin the school.
Reply 24
logic123
For The True And False Questions, On The Arts Galary What Did Everyone Put I Put

V For The First One
V For The Unemplyed
F For The Parking Not Being Included
Pm For The Food No Being Included
F For It Not Being Every Dimance
F That It Wasent Open On The 1st Of Janvier
Pm Becuase It Didnt Say If There Were English Guided Tours.

Yup i think i got exactly same as that :smile:
Reply 25
The Listening paper that we did this year my mum (whos a french teacher) said was nearer an A-level paper than a GCSE paper.
Reply 26
how can the SUNDAY ONE BE TRUE

The question was is it always open on a sunday??
It cant always be bewcuase the articvle said its only open on the first Sunday of each month
Reply 27
You know ON THE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE HOTEL IN ROM FOR THE LAST ONE ABOUT FOOD did you put everyone eats well here??
Reply 28
logic123 you seriously need to calm down and stop using capitals! You are getting quite annoying...instead of BEGGING people to tell you the answers why not ask your teachers? after all they will know the right answers....we on here are merely pupils who took the exam. We may be confident we got the right answer but we can never be sure!

So if you are that desperate to reassure yourself about correct answers etc...ask your teacher!

And please stop using capitals!!!
Reply 29
I found the reading very good.

For the true and false about the arts museum
I cant remember my answers completly, but for the open on January 1st, i said V, because the text said 'open on the first of the year'
I said false for open every sunday as it said 'open on first sunday of every month'
The first question I found simple. One person said 'Plein air' which matched to the point saying 'outside' , and the others seemed fine.
Q5, the singers was the most challenging. I did a process of elimination here.
For the penaltament question I also acknowledged the word 'conduire' but as one of you already said (and i agree) it was not literally driving, I picked out the following points.
for the last question, i said 'parent dont give enough notice to the school when they cancel' and also 'parent sign there children up without them knowing'
the warning i said was 'children would be refused entry to summer schools next year'

On the whole, it was alrite! :biggrin:
Reply 30
ben_walker446
logic123 you seriously need to calm down and stop using capitals! You are getting quite annoying...instead of BEGGING people to tell you the answers why not ask your teachers? after all they will know the right answers....we on here are merely pupils who took the exam. We may be confident we got the right answer but we can never be sure!

So if you are that desperate to reassure yourself about correct answers etc...ask your teacher!

And please stop using capitals!!!

Thank God...Somebody with sense.:smile:
Reply 31
I thought most of it was fine apart from the English section was a little tricky. But then it always is, I suppose :rolleyes:

For the summer camp q I said "parents don't bring their children even though they've booked a place" and "parents don't give at least 24 hours notice if they are cancelling" and the warning as something like "children won't get a place next year if their parents do any of the above things".

I thought it was an averagey-slightly difficult paper, and judging by other people's responses they thought it was hard so the boundaries might be marginally lower.
Reply 32
gooner1592
What for? Reading or altogether?:confused:

Altogether. I dunno about the reading. Overall you had to get 320 outta 360 to get an A*
Reply 33
kimoso
Altogether. I dunno about the reading. Overall you had to get 320 outta 360 to get an A*

Nooo! That's not how it works. You get your raw marks (the marks you get per paper) and these are converted into UMS marks out of 90. Each year, the raw marks boundaries change. Therefore, the raw marks are what you should really do a percentage on, so it certainly wasn't 90% in raw marks last year, but the UMS marks never change, and so to get an A* in UMS percentage terms, you'd need 88.8888....%. In the UMS respect though, you were right:smile:

Sorry if this is a bit confusing by the way:p:
Reply 34
I found reading quite easy actually.

Listening was the hardest by far.
Reply 35
PRiiNCESS.FAiiZA

100% agree!
Reply 36
PRiiNCESS.FAiiZA

Really?!

I could have done the listening with only one listen and no pauses...the reading though...that was hard

lol

Latest