The Student Room Group

C3 and C4 "Expected Knowledge" - Helpful for all 2016 candidates!

Hey,

I haven't done the notorious June 2013 paper (64 for 100UMS), but from what I know it requires some expected knowledge.

Things like Cos(x) = Sin(90-x) aren't specifically mentioned in the edexcel text book - you should just 'know it'

Is there anyone out there that can pour some knowledge on all or atleast some of the things we are just 'expected to know'.

PS. pre-requisite knowledge from C1,2 is fine, I am talking some useful GCSE stuff and some just 'good to know' stuff as I made an example of above.

Thanks in advance and I hope this helps everyone out :smile:
Reply 1
Man, that clickbait title....

Anyway, try these:

C3 cheat sheet

C4 cheat sheet
Reply 2
Original post by RizK
Man, that clickbait title....

Anyway, try these:

C3 cheat sheet

C4 cheat sheet

Sorry dude ^^ I was hoping the replies were what would help people - genuinely! Thanks for the links :smile:
Reply 3
bump
cos(x)=sin(π2x) \cos(x) = \sin(\frac{\pi}{2}-x)
sin(x)=cos(π2x) \sin(x) = \cos(\frac{\pi}{2}-x)
tan(x)=cot(π2x) \tan(x) = \cot(\frac{\pi}{2}-x)
cot(x)=tan(π2x) \cot(x) = \tan(\frac{\pi}{2}-x)

Although the last two are less likely to come up. These are just simple transformations of the graphs.

Also, be mindful of just looking for the obvious. In C1 a lot of people didn't even think of Similar Triangles for one of the questions when it was the main (and easiest) method of doing the question.
(edited 7 years ago)
If you're ever stuck, look at the formula booklet. Moreso in C4 than C3 - something from C3 might help you with C4.
Reply 6
Thanks to both of you ^ I will be sure to keep that in mind and remember those formulae :smile:
Reply 7
What exam board is this for? (Specifically that June 2013 paper)
Reply 8
Original post by vectorpi
What exam board is this for? (Specifically that June 2013 paper)

Edexcel
Reply 9
Original post by PISA
Edexcel

Cool, I'll have a look now. Thanks!!!

Quick Reply

Latest