The Student Room Group

Feel like I failed an exam... can't stop thinking about it

Hi guys,

I just finished my first year at university. I feel like I failed my last exam, as in got below 40%. It keeps bugging me that I'll probably have to resit at the beginning of August, and therefore I'd have to spend a good amount of time beforehand revising for it. I want to enjoy my summer holidays without having this constantly on my mind. Anybody got any advice for how I can avoid feeling like this?
Ehh just the usual "there's nothing you can do about it!!!!!!" keeps going round my head at the same time of my worries so I'm a bit of a mess atm.

Just keep asking yourself whats the worst case scenario? You resit, but so what?? My brother re-did his dissertation after getting a 3rd and came back with a 2:2 (he didn't do any work at all) which isn't good but hey it's got him a few internships and still surviving!
I know it's easier said than done, but stop thinking about it. There's nothing you can do about it. You can't change it no matter how much you want to. Just focus on your next exam coming up and try to perform to the best of your ability. If you haven't got any more exams coming up, then go out. Go for dessert, go to the beach, hang out with friends to try and stop thinking about it. I tend to find exercising helps me as you're focused on doing something else.
Besides, I am sure you haven't done as bad as you feel like you have.
Its pointless thinking about it , until you know for certain. You most likely havent done as poorly as you think.
Original post by Klopp_1996
Hi guys,

I just finished my first year at university. I feel like I failed my last exam, as in got below 40%. It keeps bugging me that I'll probably have to resit at the beginning of August, and therefore I'd have to spend a good amount of time beforehand revising for it. I want to enjoy my summer holidays without having this constantly on my mind. Anybody got any advice for how I can avoid feeling like this?

How did you do?

Latest

Trending

Trending