Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Residency Evidence - What is acceptable?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi there!

    I am a 22 years old EU national, starting my course in Sep 2016 and been resident in the UK since 2012. I was asked to send in some evidence as proof of me being in the UK 3 years prior my course start date.

    The residency information form says that the evidence needs to be original and that utility bills are accepted.

    As I am a eco-conscious individual, like many of us, I have opted out of paper billing a while ago. I have requested my phone company to send me the bills in a paper format, going back to 2012 as requested.

    But today I spoke to a SFE advisor on the phone and was told that the assessor has not accepted it as they are 'duplicates'...

    Duplicate means a copy of something. As I have never received these bills in a paper format, how on Earth can they be duplicates?

    Also, they are all on letter headed paper and were sent by Three mobile.

    Was the assessor right to not accept this evidence? Are there any clear guidelines available for what can be and cannot be accepted and what is deemed a duplicate?

    Kind Regards
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 20, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.