The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 2 Psychology: Understanding the Individual 23rd May (Old spec)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OrdinaryStudent
My learning observation was something about looking at gender differences in car sizes - I talked about inter-rater reliability being an issue

That was mine too
I said we used chi squared, p<0.05 probability results are due to chance less than or equal to 5%. It was a test of difference with nominal data, independent groups. Observe value greater than critical value.

Subjective interpretation of car size
Improved through inter rater reliability - use a partner to compare results with, if results are similar, it is reliable
Original post by Julieplec
That was mine too
I said we used chi squared, p<0.05 probability results are due to chance less than or equal to 5%. It was a test of difference with nominal data, independent groups. Observe value greater than critical value.

Subjective interpretation of car size
Improved through inter rater reliability - use a partner to compare results with, if results are similar, it is reliable

Nice! However, I argued there wasnt any significant difference since I guess you can argue it both ways :smile:
Nice! However, I argued there wasnt any significant difference since I guess you can argue it both ways :smile:

I just made it up, I made up the critical and observed value too. What other subjects do you do? I do geography, biology and chemistry
I just made it up, I made up the critical and observed value too. What other subjects do you do? I do geography, biology and chemistry

From what I remember, you dont need to know the observed or critical value, however its fine if you stated it. I also do geography! which exam board are you on? Im on Edexcel
From what I remember, you dont need to know the observed or critical value, however its fine if you stated it. I also do geography! which exam board are you on? Im on Edexcel

Aqa! I'm confident with geography though, I'm predicted an A* - it's a lot easier than psychology!
Aqa! I'm confident with geography though, I'm predicted an A* - it's a lot easier than psychology!

Lucky, Edexcel geography is so difficult I find it much harder compared to psychology
Lucky, Edexcel geography is so difficult I find it much harder compared to psychology

Yeah I got 100% in AS geog but the edexcel spec looks a lot harder, which uni are you heading to and which course?
Yeah I got 100% in AS geog but the edexcel spec looks a lot harder, which uni are you heading to and which course?

Damn Nice! Im hoping to study Geography at Uni, I want to see my results before i make a major decision :smile: what about you?
Damn Nice! Im hoping to study Geography at Uni, I want to see my results before i make a major decision :smile: what about you?

Oh so are you applying for 2017 entry? Medicine for me, how did you do in AS geography if you plan to study it at uni? :smile:
Reply 69
I hope grade boundaries are quite reasonable, there's a mixture of thoughts for this paper. Was hoping to get an A to push my whole grade up, but seems so unlikely.. Need to work my arse off for A2 psych ahh
Original post by Dharaa
I hope grade boundaries are quite reasonable, there's a mixture of thoughts for this paper. Was hoping to get an A to push my whole grade up, but seems so unlikely.. Need to work my arse off for A2 psych ahh

How do you feel for unit 3/4?
Oh so are you applying for 2017 entry? Medicine for me, how did you do in AS geography if you plan to study it at uni? :smile:

Medicine, nice what uni?
Medicine, nice what uni?

Thanks! Newcastle
Thanks! Newcastle

Wow nice, hope it all goes well! :smile:

How do you feel for unit 3 and 4? What topics did you college pick for unit 3? (Psychology)
Wow nice, hope it all goes well! :smile:

How do you feel for unit 3 and 4? What topics did you college pick for unit 3? (Psychology)

Unit 3 - child and criminological, I find unit 3 easier than unit 2. I've done well in mock exams for unit 3 it's just a lot more straightforward.

Unit 4 - eww, it's so much information I'm not very good at it. Mocks have gone ok... But I'm hoping unit 1,2,3 compensate for my unit 4 poor performance.

How about you? :smile:
Unit 3 - child and criminological, I find unit 3 easier than unit 2. I've done well in mock exams for unit 3 it's just a lot more straightforward.

Unit 4 - eww, it's so much information I'm not very good at it. Mocks have gone ok... But I'm hoping unit 1,2,3 compensate for my unit 4 poor performance.

How about you? :smile:

We're doing Child and Health, I find child pretty good as its straightforward like you said. Clinical side of unit 4 I think its decent but issues and debates I hate it so much information :frown:
We're doing Child and Health, I find child pretty good as its straightforward like you said. Clinical side of unit 4 I think its decent but issues and debates I hate it so much information :frown:

Tell me about it :frown: at least we have an advantage by resitting unit 2 though
Tell me about it :frown: at least we have an advantage by resitting unit 2 though

I guess so, but theres still so much stuff you need to know from unit 1 :/
Reply 78
How do you feel for unit 3/4?

I actually like & enjoy Unit 3, but I defo need more work in Unit 4😫 Hope i get a high A for unit 3 and maybe a B for Unit 4?
I guess so, but theres still so much stuff you need to know from unit 1 :/

Like what? :/
Ewt / CBT for cognitive contributions
Understanding prejudice SIT and understanding obedience (agency theory from social)
Milgram / hofling / meeus and raajmakers
Anything I've missed? I'm not sure if you need to know MSM, LOP, Godden and Baddeley

Quick Reply

Latest