The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 2 Psychology: Understanding the Individual 23rd May (Old spec)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dharaa
I actually like & enjoy Unit 3, but I defo need more work in Unit 4😫 Hope i get a high A for unit 3 and maybe a B for Unit 4?

Unit 3 boundaries are so low and I've averaged 52ish in mocks so hopefully I can get an A* in unit 3 but I'd be lucky with a C in unit 4!
Original post by Julieplec
Like what? :/
Ewt / CBT for cognitive contributions
Understanding prejudice SIT and understanding obedience (agency theory from social)
Milgram / hofling / meeus and raajmakers
Anything I've missed? I'm not sure if you need to know MSM, LOP, Godden and Baddeley

Original post by Dharaa
I actually like & enjoy Unit 3, but I defo need more work in Unit 4😫 Hope i get a high A for unit 3 and maybe a B for Unit 4?

Im not completely sure, but i think in one paper i saw that it asked you to describe a study of obedience. e.g. Milgram when i thought we just had to know the contributions
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
Im not completely sure, but i think in one paper i saw that it asked you to describe a study of obedience. e.g. Milgram when i thought we just had to know the contributions

Sigh, it's too much for my little brain. I think I've lost 10 marks in this paper, hopefully it compensates for unit 4. Good luck to you!
Sigh, it's too much for my little brain. I think I've lost 10 marks in this paper, hopefully it compensates for unit 4. Good luck to you!

haha, dont doubt yourself im sure you did great! Hope your exams go well :smile:
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
haha, dont doubt yourself im sure you did great! Hope your exams go well :smile:

Likewise! I'm sure we'll end up discussing unit 3
Reply 85
Unit 3 boundaries are so low and I've averaged 52ish in mocks so hopefully I can get an A* in unit 3 but I'd be lucky with a C in unit 4!

They are? That'll do me a favour haha. I'm sure you'll get a good grade in Unit 4, it just depends on how well you know the content and how to answer the questions. Do all the past papers!:smile:
Original post by Dharaa
They are? That'll do me a favour haha. I'm sure you'll get a good grade in Unit 4, it just depends on how well you know the content and how to answer the questions. Do all the past papers!:smile:

Yeah! It's like 46 for an A*' I know, I haven't done any past papers for unit 4 yet. How did you find unit 2? What did you get last year in unit 2? :smile:
Model, older, primary reinforcement (as it said out for dinner) and motivation

I would argue that it was vicarious reinforcement, as it also said that the girl viewed her father being rewarded
Original post by asfairbairn
I would argue that it was vicarious reinforcement, as it also said that the girl viewed her father being rewarded

Yeah I misread the question, I'm glad it's only 1 mark!
Reply 89
Yeah! It's like 46 for an A*' I know, I haven't done any past papers for unit 4 yet. How did you find unit 2? What did you get last year in unit 2? :smile:

Wow that is low! Well atleast that's pleasing haha 😂 Same! Needa crack on with pp's tho ahh😭 And i got a B in Unit 2, was hoping to get an A in my resit lol, wbu?
Original post by Dharaa
Wow that is low! Well atleast that's pleasing haha 😂 Same! Needa crack on with pp's tho ahh😭 And i got a B in Unit 2, was hoping to get an A in my resit lol, wbu?

I got 64 in unit 1 (a - just!) and 86 in unit 2 (b) so hoping I've got over 100 UMS this time! What other subjects do you do? :smile:
Reply 91
I got 64 in unit 1 (a - just!) and 86 in unit 2 (b) so hoping I've got over 100 UMS this time! What other subjects do you do? :smile:

That's good! I got similar UMS to you haha. And I do Biology & Maths. Wbu? What course are you planning to do at Uni?
Original post by Dharaa
That's good! I got similar UMS to you haha. And I do Biology & Maths. Wbu? What course are you planning to do at Uni?

Ah! I do geography, biology and chemistry. Medicine, hbu? Which exam board for biology? I use AQA :smile:
Here are the questions:

There was hardly ANYTHING on psychodynamic !!! The only thing related that came up was why did Freud come to the conclusion that Hans' fear of horses was really a fear of his father 3 marks and to evaluate Hans in terms of validity 4 marks. That was it!!!
The 12 mark question was describe and evaluate the biological explanation of gender making at least one comparison to another approach.
Describe the procedure of Money's study for 4 marks and then evaluate it for 8 marks.
Results of learning approach practical for 3 marks. Explain one issue you had with reliability and then for 2 marks explain how to over come this.
Write a non directional two tailed hypothesis for a given study and then how could you make the sample more representative of the wider population.
Evaluate longitudinal research method 4 marks. Plan a study using the longitudinal research method, investigating whether students perform better doing one exam at the end of two years or several at the end of two years for 7 marks.
Describe biological key issue 3 marks and then for 5 marks explain it using theories/concepts/research etc.
Fill in the blanks 4 mark question on SLT.
5 marks on how could Oliver train his dog to perform in an assault course.
Original post by JosieFalk
I did the same... Didn't know the last one

i put self esteem for the last one like a **** haha
Reply 95
Ah! I do geography, biology and chemistry. Medicine, hbu? Which exam board for biology? I use AQA :smile:

That's nice! Which Uni you going to? Going to do biomedical science & i do OCR for biology
Original post by Dharaa
That's nice! Which Uni you going to? Going to do biomedical science & i do OCR for biology

Very nice! Hopefully Newcastle, how about you? :smile: I've heard OCR is a pain

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IdentityWithheld
Here are the questions:

There was hardly ANYTHING on psychodynamic !!! The only thing related that came up was why did Freud come to the conclusion that Hans' fear of horses was really a fear of his father 3 marks and to evaluate Hans in terms of validity 4 marks. That was it!!!
The 12 mark question was describe and evaluate the biological explanation of gender making at least one comparison to another approach.
Describe the procedure of Money's study for 4 marks and then evaluate it for 8 marks.
Results of learning approach practical for 3 marks. Explain one issue you had with reliability and then for 2 marks explain how to over come this.
Write a non directional two tailed hypothesis for a given study and then how could you make the sample more representative of the wider population.
Evaluate longitudinal research method 4 marks. Plan a study using the longitudinal research method, investigating whether students perform better doing one exam at the end of two years or several at the end of two years for 7 marks.
Describe biological key issue 3 marks and then for 5 marks explain it using theories/concepts/research etc.
Fill in the blanks 4 mark question on SLT.
5 marks on how could Oliver train his dog to perform in an assault course.

wish you didn't post this.. now I wish I'd have resat it like I was going to, those are all good questions :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending