The Student Room Group

Extenuating circumstances for an exam

Ok so basically i just did really badly on two of my uni exams, I personally believe that I didn't do well because I have had Otitismedia for a long period of time, essentially this effect my performance as i could not concentrate on revision due to loss of balance and terrible head aches, do you think this would be strong enough grounds for extenuating circumstances?
Anyone got any advise?
Original post by blackstar101204
Ok so basically i just did really badly on two of my uni exams, I personally believe that I didn't do well because I have had Otitismedia for a long period of time, essentially this effect my performance as i could not concentrate on revision due to loss of balance and terrible head aches, do you think this would be strong enough grounds for extenuating circumstances?

Go and speak to student support or your personal tutor, ec's are generally for sudden problems rather than a long term condition you have as you should have gotten adjustments for it normally, but it's worth speaking to your university about it.
Original post by blackstar101204

You have to apply for extenuating circumstances before you sit the exam, you can not ask for it after.
Original post by claireestelle
Go and speak to student support or your personal tutor, ec's are generally for sudden problems rather than a long term condition you have as you should have gotten adjustments for it normally, but it's worth speaking to your university about it.
OK thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending