Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Financial support

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I was just wondering what the situation would be if im living at home with my parents regarding recieving financial help , i have to pay a large amount to my parents each month and have a variety of bills i have to pay myself, do the student finance people include my parents wage or would it just be mine. I am 26 now and have all my own bills, car, etc so worried i would not be able to get maintenance loan etc because of their money. they dont support me no more and have no help what so ever from them, i dont want this to be the reason i cant go to university?????

    As someone over 25, it's based on your income and not your parents.
    • Thread Starter

    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    As someone over 25, it's based on your income and not your parents.
    Is it right they include your partners wage too..when i did the finance calculator thing it was only saying about 5000 for maintenance loan..obviously i will work as much as i can doing this degree but dont no how people manage it ... would it be better to do part time so that u can do full time work or just take the plunge and wing it with the full time.. this is all so daunting...as i know i wont have any financial support but my own

    Hi there.

    We will only look at your partners income if you are living with them, or are married.

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 25, 2016
Would you rather find
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.