The Student Room Group

Phone went off during exam! Help

10 minutes to go, my phone goes off in my pocket. It was switched off but it obviously switched itself on in my tight jeans. I got a phone call and the invigilator wrote it down in her incident pad and said she'd send it off to my department.

This is my final exam at university.

What's going to happen ?? I'm really worried.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kazmispawn
10 minutes to go, my phone goes off in my pocket. It was switched off but it obviously switched itself on in my tight jeans. I got a phone call and the invigilator wrote it down in her incident pad and said she'd send it off to my department.

Why did u have it
Reply 2
You're fked m8
Why was it in your pocket? like you knew it was an exams right? they probably think that you were planning on cheating haha
Reply 4
Original post by niteninja1
Why did u have it

I was so worried about the exam I forgot to put it in my bag, didn't even think of my phone
In theorey they could ban u from any exams and quals for 5years
Reply 6
Original post by Uw0tm8_
You're fked m8

Wanna be more helpful? What can I expect
At all exam boards or uni's
As I said if the uni agrees u cheated no exams or quals for 5years.

Friend of mines kindle basic beeped low battery and they accused him of cheating. He is now ****ed works in Asda
Reply 9
Yeah large chance you'll be disqualified, if it was GCSEs or something it would be different but uni has big responsibility

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by niteninja1
As I said if the uni agrees u cheated no exams or quals for 5years.

Friend of mines kindle basic beeped low battery and they accused him of cheating. He is now ****ed works in Asda

damn thats peaks
To be fair they didn't catch him cheating with formulas wrote on his legs

Spoiler

Reply 13

To be honest, I don't really know why you had it on you (they normally remind you to check) but it easy to make mistakes under exam pressure. I don't really know but I would go and speak to whoever deals with exams at your uni and explain the situation (and as soon as possible).
Reply 14
What in Tarnation?
Take up a religion or something, pray to god your ass ain't about to be made into a nasty paste after that. If you are given an option to explain yourself, bulls**t 100%. (Obviously something that seems legit)
Reply 15
Original post by NGBh
To be honest, I don't really know why you had it on you (they normally remind you to check) but it easy to make mistakes under exam pressure. I don't really know but I would go and speak to whoever deals with exams at your uni and explain the situation (and as soon as possible).

Thanks for your post, I have emailed my personal tutor, she replied saying I should know better. But nothing on what to expect.. I replied asking for more info ... She hasn't replied
It's possible that you may potentially be disqualified as the rules should've been made clear to you and you'd have been expected to be aware of and follow them.

However, it's best to speak to the department and explain what has happened and it will be up to them to decide, hope things go well.
Original post by Uw0tm8_
You're fked m8

aww, don't be hard on the person haha, he/she is clearly stressed :biggrin:
Don't worry, all the people here (or most) don't know what they are taking about. You will likely have a hearing, and if you have generally been of good behaviour, then you will be fine. If you have been a prick to your lecturer however, It is likely that your exam will be cancelled and you will get 0 for that paper, only that paper. Although this depends on what uni you are at. Which one is it?
Reply 19
Original post by V ugvg jhi
Don't worry, all the people here (or most) don't know what they are taking about. You will likely have a hearing, and if you have generally been of good behaviour, then you will be fine. If you have been a prick to your lecturer however, It is likely that your exam will be cancelled and you will get 0 for that paper, only that paper. Although this depends on what uni you are at. Which one is it?

City university London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending